Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

People Not Lining Up For PS3

Sponsored Links
    November 9, 2006 - Yes, you read that right! We've got a story about something not happening!

In truth, something not happening is something that happens every day, and we don't, in general, report on such non occurrences. For instance, today, Sega didn't announce the Dreamcast 2 (from what we hear, that won't happen until January 15th). Turn to the Dreamcast channel, however, and you won't see a story about Sega having not announced its new platform.

But given that the PlayStation 3 launches only once in a... well, ever... we're making an exception to the general rule of not reporting about nothing, and reporting about nothing, and with pictures!

And so, we can report today that no one has started to line up for the PlayStation 3 in Japan. This is based on a tour we took today of Tokyo's biggest game shops. That's right, the Bics, the Yodobashis, the Tsutayas, the Sakurayas, the Don Quixotes. No matter where we looked, no one was lining up for the 11/11 launch.

[Register or Login to view links]

[SIZE=-2]This is a picture of people not lining up for the PS3.
    It's also a picture of people not lining up for Dreamcast 2.[/SIZE]

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well there are hardcore gamers, and business oppertunites, i guess the lottery system would work, but then again may cause angry ppl creating mobs

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was 1 foot from a PS3 tonight... at my local Target. And NOBODY was around, no kids gawking at it, nothing. It only the glass case wasn't in the way...

was it tempting? did something inside you wanted to grab it?

Yep... it was a lot bigger/bulkier than I expected though, but was glossy!

I nearly did the same thing at a wal-mart.... no one around and that beautiful system sitting all alone with nothing between me and it but 1/3 inch of glass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp View Post
    I nearly did the same thing at a wal-mart.... no one around and that beautiful system sitting all alone with nothing between me and it but 1/3 inch of glass!!!
    Yeah I went to Wal-mart today and saw a PS3 also! I was kind of shocked at it's size, see that it's a little bigger then the PS2.

But does it look smaller or bigger then the Xbox 360?

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp View Post

yeah i saw the same at my local walmart. but i am certain it was an empty shell. i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDoomLight View Post
    yeah i saw the same at my local walmart. but i am certain it was an empty shell. i could be wrong.
    I would almost guarantee it!

any campers out there though from where everyone lives? as heard on gamespot that ppl are lining out of best buy in burbank Cali

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News