Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Paramount Digital Entertainment Unveils Top Gun Coming to PSN

Sponsored Links
    Doublesix Studio Head James Brooksby via Paramount Digital Entertainment has unveiled news today that Top Gun is coming to PSN.

To quote: Maverick, Goose, Iceman and Viper will take to the sky again in Top Gun, exclusively for PlayStation Network this summer in Top Gun.

[Register or Login to view links] is the developer, and [Register or Login to view links] will publish the game.

With the help of Jack Epps, Jr. the screenwriter from the [Register or Login to view links], we built a game that allows players to relive and go beyond the original film.

The film itself uses only a few environments and shows very little actual air combat. So, with Jack's help, we created fresh action at flight school and added more combat against the Soviets over the Indian Ocean.

Top Gun is a free-flying air combat shooter where, as Maverick, players will blast enemies out of the sky in dogfight battles, obliterate ground- and air-based targets and show off their extreme flying prowess.

Campaign mode features three parts: Prologue, where you will be introduced to your Soviet enemy, Flight School, where you will compete against Iceman, Merlin, etc. for Top Gun honors, and active combat over the Indian Ocean.

There will also be a single-player Horde Mode and five online multiplayer modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Top Gun (choose your wingman and compete against enemy pairs), Bombing Run (defend and attack mobile bases) and Capture the Flag.

Yes, you can request a flyby. Yes, the day you can grow a moustache like Goose is the day you are officially a man.

Yes, the development team may have reenacted the volleyball scene many times for creative inspiration. No, you cannot join us.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool, but I could never make the carrier landing on the original for NES. I enjoyed the hell out of mid air refueling though, I thought that was so awesome back then. Doesn't look like those types of challenges will be present in this version of Top Gun.

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

0.jpg  
    Last edited by red8316; 05-21-2010 at 12:44 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, the day you can grow a moustache like Goose is the day you are officially a man. <--- AHAHAHA that quote just sold me on the game. lmfao

Is this the remake of PSX version of Top Gun or the remake PS2 version of Top Gun: Combat Zone? Or is it a complete new game? Anyway, I do think that they are somewhat trying to compete with After Burner Climax.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News