Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PAL PS3 - What's in the Box?

Sponsored Links
    March 5, 2007 - Getting into the office this morning was a little more exciting than normal. Sure, we still had to run the usual gauntlet - past the swinging blades, over the pits filled with crocodiles and through the lava world, before pushing a couple of crates into place to gain access to IGN AU HQ, but waiting for us at the end was our PAL retail PS3! Huzzah! We figured that opening up the box would make for a great photo feature, but we were wrong. It made for an AWESOME photo feature. Not really.

Why? Because, to be honest, the packaging is pretty vanilla. Utilitarian is probably the best word, which is a bit disappointing given how cool the packaging for products like Wii is these days. It also came as a bit of a shock that there really is no HD connectivity out of the box. No component cables, no HDMI. Instead, you need to pay extra or play in glorious 480i. Crazy.

Anyway, on to the photos...

[Register or Login to view links]

This was how we found Bennett when we came in this morning.

This was meant to be Cam pretending to be one of those Sale of the Century models. No, he can't pull it off. Not enough cleavage.

Bennett makes a crack about the future being the Spider-Man font.

I can almost smell the blood, sweat and tears Ken Kutaragi poured into this thing.

When we opened the box this bright light shined out and an ethereal choir started singing. We obviously didn't take the photo fast enough.

What's in the box? PS3, documents, Sixaxis controller, power supply, USB cable, composite cables and ethernet cables.

Yes, all the power of composite cables! No wonder Cam's excited.

These documents outline your mission, should you choose to accept it.

How po-mo! A photo feature on Bennett doing a photo feature. You just blew my mind.

First there was Pyramid Head, now there's Forced PS3 Box Zaniness Head.

If that isn't a lifestyle shot, we don't know what is. That's a genuine Panaphonic TV by the way.

Aww, he's all tuckered out from the excitement.

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks as if sony isnt gonna release the 20gb version of the PS3 in australia! the only ones ive seen advertised are the 60gb versions ($AUD999), I have asked some sales staff at various reatilers and they're never heard of the cheaper 20gb version or they have said that sony didnt want to release it coz of bluray problem$. IS this true??

I had a japanese ps3 20gb--I sold it coz i wanna get the 60gb one day with the extra features(card reader/wi fi etc..) its kinda a blow to parents/people with a budget for a cheaper option to buy a ps3..Also do yaz think the majority of PAL ps3's will be made in china or japan?? The ps3 display retail promotional box at a EBgames store here in sydney had made in japan on the top --that blew me away--I thought we would get the mass produced less quality controlled china versions that are even being sold at major japanese denkiyas (electronic stores)..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    YEah your not wrong there--any news where the aussie ps3's are being made? I prefer made in Japan even though everythings made in china now. for a grand I would like some quality assurance. I know sony has strict guidelines and stuff.. I just notice with most the electronic stuff made in china It just doesnt last as well.. If the ps3 was cheaper (like half the bloody price!) or I won it in a comp/gift I wouldnt complain...in singapore and hongkong its only 'round $500us/still I think we get it cheaper than mexico/United kingdom(feel sorry for the poms they cant even import one of the bastards) .It would be nice to get more bang for your buck.I might just fly over to asia/Japan and buy one like a million other aussies!! Thanks for the reply mate! _-oi IGN guys where was your one made??

also guys check this story out forgive me if this is old news it looks as if us in the Pal territories are getting kicked while we are down ..check out this story [Register or Login to view links]
    No complete backwards compatability?? Less the emotion chip in all pal ps3's?? One thing im not clear on do the pal ps3s have the sd/memo stick readers built in like the US/JAPAN ones do??--ps3news rulz!
    Last edited by danejade; 03-06-2007 at 07:59 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I for one arn't too bothered about backward compatibilty with ps2/ps1 games, hell i have a ps2 to play ps2 games.

What is most annoying is you get no 'Demo' disc with it to show off your shiny new system. Having forked out 425 on this then have to buy a game to see what it can do sucks big time. Even Nintendo shipped a free game/demo with their WII console which is less than half the price of this console.

Fact is i only really got a ps3 for the Blue ray dvd movie capability of this machine (I have a high spec PC to play games). Cheaper than buying a dedicated player + you get a game console just in case you wanna play.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mist View Post
    I for one arn't too bothered about backward compatibilty with ps2/ps1 games, hell i have a ps2 to play ps2 games.

What is most annoying is you get no 'Demo' disc with it to show off your shiny new system. Having forked out 425 on this then have to buy a game to see what it can do sucks big time. Even Nintendo shipped a free game/demo with their WII console which is less than half the price of this console.

Fact is i only really got a ps3 for the Blue ray dvd movie capability of this machine (I have a high spec PC to play games). Cheaper than buying a dedicated player + you get a game console just in case you wanna play.
    There is no need for a demo disc. The PSN Store gives you the option of downloading demos and trailers, so in the end you do end up getting a demo "disc", but in this case its virtual. lol

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News