Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Pachter: Japanese PS3 Retail Ordering Halted, Price Cut Likely

Sponsored Links
    To confirm earlier reports of discontinued models and old stock drying up, today Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter stated in a [Register or Login to view links] that we're about to see a PS3 price cut and the introduction of a new hardware SKU.

To quote: "The retail commentary I've seen has come out of the UK. I have not seen at US retail. We heard Japanese retail a few weeks ago say they weren't going to be getting any more PS3s after August 8, and now we're starting to hear UK retail say they cannot re-order PS3s until month-end. And that suggests there'll be a model change."

He added: "If Sony's practice is the same as it was in the past, and the Slim is more of a redesign of the components to drive down cost, then I think we will get a price cut."

Only a few days to go until Sony's GamesCom keynote address in Cologne next Tuesday... then we'll all know for certain.

Pachter: Japanese PS3 Retail Ordering Halted, Price Cut Likely

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    haha, after like 5 tries, he was bound to get it right sooner or later. and this time he actually has facts to back it up instead of seemingly random guesses.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News