Wrapping up the year, some PS3 news we missed from earlier this month: Sashz has updated his Linux based OS Selector front-end dubbed pdaXrom-NG for PS3 to Live CD 20091201.Sponsored Links
Unlike the previous release, it uses lxde as the desktop environment and PS3Boot is now included. To boot from CD, burn ISO image or unzip the archive to boot from a memory card.
Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]
Update 20091201 features gcc 4.4.2 devtools and a Webkit-based browser (less memory usage).
Note: This will only work on PlayStation 3 entertainment systems that include OtherOS support, not the newer PS3 Slim versions unfortunately.
- Midori 0.2.1 (WebKit based webbrowser)
- Ekiga 3.2.6 (SIP audio/video phone)
- Pidgin 2.6.3
- gcc 4.4.2
- kernel 22.214.171.124
- Image viewer
LiveCD also includes ppu-gcc and spu-gcc (gcc 4.4.2).
noswap - disable swap in vram
video=ps3fb:mode:N - set video mode N. Default mode 3
Connect to network:
Default DHCP is used. There is no network utility for manual settings yet.
Connect to wireless network:
Click on interface wlan0 network icon. If wireless networks is detected, choose preferred from the list. For private network you need enter password. Bluetooth bluez installed.
PS3 Bootloader Installation:
- Download bootloader 'pdaXrom-ng-otheros.bld', rename it to 'otheros.bld'. ([Register or Login to view links])
- On your USB stick or CD create the directory /PS3/otheros/ and copy 'otheros.bld' file to it.
- Insert CD or a plug USB stick into PS3 and go to System->System Settings->Install Other OS. PS3 should find and install bootloader.
- Go to System->System Settings->Set Default OS->OtherOS to boot up with pdaXrom-ng bootloader.
More PlayStation 3 News...