Note: To build ps3boot install libjpg, libpng and freetype.
Supported boot devices are the following:
- Internal harddrive, CD/DVD, cardreader
- External USB sticks, hardrives, CD/DVD
Supported filesystems are:
- vfat (no more problems with long file names on FAT formatted media)
USB keyboard and joystick are supported. Screen mode is autodetected by default. To select preferred mode use keyboard or ps3 controller. Your selected video mode will be stored to a bootloader configuration. During startup press and hold right shift on the keyboard to safe video mode.
Keyboard Controller / Functions
- See picture below for layout
- Download bootloader 'pdaXrom-ng-otheros.bld', rename it to 'otheros.bld'.
- On your USB stick or CD create the directory /PS3/otheros/ and copy 'otheros.bld' file to it.
- Insert CD or a plug USB stick into PS3 and go to System->System Settings->Install Other OS. PS3 should find and install bootloader.
- Go to System->System Settings->Set Default OS->OtherOS to boot up with pdaXrom-ng bootloader.
Who ever mentioned that this is an ISO loader?
Its a Bootloader, meaning its a Linux/Unix based front loader; nothing to do with ISO's etc, meaning this has nothing to do with pirating etc; this is a completely open and free function you can do provided by Sony.