Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

OtherOS pdaXrom-NG Bootloader for PS3 Linux Released!

Sponsored Links
    A few days ago Sashz released a very nice looking Bootloader for PS3! Easy to use GUI and a lot of improvments, read the following:

This bootloader includes pdaXrom-NG base and PS3 GUI shell created from scratch :)

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Note: To build ps3boot install libjpg, libpng and freetype.

Supported boot devices are the following:
    - Internal harddrive, CD/DVD, cardreader
    - External USB sticks, hardrives, CD/DVD

Supported filesystems are:
    - vfat (no more problems with long file names on FAT formatted media)
    - ext2
    - ext3
    - iso9660
    - udf

USB keyboard and joystick are supported. Screen mode is autodetected by default. To select preferred mode use keyboard or ps3 controller. Your selected video mode will be stored to a bootloader configuration. During startup press and hold right shift on the keyboard to safe video mode.

Keyboard Controller / Functions
    - See picture below for layout

Installation
    - Download bootloader 'pdaXrom-ng-otheros.bld', rename it to 'otheros.bld'.
    - On your USB stick or CD create the directory /PS3/otheros/ and copy 'otheros.bld' file to it.
    - Insert CD or a plug USB stick into PS3 and go to System->System Settings->Install Other OS. PS3 should find and install bootloader.
    - Go to System->System Settings->Set Default OS->OtherOS to boot up with pdaXrom-ng bootloader.

NJoy this nice release of Sashz !

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Bootscreen.jpg   Keypad_Controller_Functions.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Very cool news indeed UnlockIt, and +Rep!

I have also tagged this and will add it to the Site Download archive shortly.

I still have FC5 installed as my PS3 OtherOS, but perhaps I will give this a try soon too!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Um.... Whats it do?

Sponsored Links
    Um.... Whats it do?

I imagine it's similar to the Petitboot Bootloader which is basically an OS Selector front-end for PS3.

If anyone installs the pdaXrom-NG Bootloader it would be great if you can post some more information about what it offers below.

Yes, petitboot was the first bootloader, this one is a complete bootloader with a lot of nice features.

pdaXrom itself is a cross-platform Linux distribution with own build system, uses X11 for GUI applications, hence greater versatility, improved portability and better performance.

This distribution integrates its native and cross development kit so that it becomes virtually possible to recompile any graphical program to extend your system possibilities to your own needs.

You can found a Bootable Ps3 Cd beta from the same wiki: [Register or Login to view links]
    Boot options:

noswap - disable swap in vram
    video=ps3fb:mode:N - set video mode N. Default mode 3

From ps3-video-mode:

0:auto mode
    YUV 60Hz 1:480i 2:480p 3:720p 4:1080i 5:1080p
    YUV 50Hz 6:576i 7:576p 8:720p 9:1080i 10:1080p
    RGB 60Hz 33:480i 34:480p 35:720p 36:1080i 37:1080p
    RGB 50Hz 38:576i 39:576p 40:720p 41:1080i 42:1080p
    VESA 11:WXGA 12:SXGA 13:WUXGA

full screen mode: <video mode ID> + 128
    dither ON mode : <video mode ID> + 2048
    Anyway this bootloader in the first post can of course be used without pdaXrom-NG Ps3 Cd beta.

Didn't worked for me, only shows the controller and reboots to the XMB, i compiled and installed the ps3boot under yellow dog 6.1.

It detects the keyboard but when i press Space nothing happens.

do we still need to allocate 10GB for this bootloader if we are going install Linux on pendrive?

What can my PS3 do better after i install this?

What exactly does this thing do? Play PS3 ISO yet or it is just another thread to get our hopes up?

Who ever mentioned that this is an ISO loader?
    Its a Bootloader, meaning its a Linux/Unix based front loader; nothing to do with ISO's etc, meaning this has nothing to do with pirating etc; this is a completely open and free function you can do provided by Sony.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News