Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Plain and simple its not an ISO loader!

IF an iso loader is released im sure you'll notice it on the main news page

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    But the another (maybe better?) boot loader is good too. With this you can install Megabox and play on emlators (MAME, SNES etc.)

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    Who ever mentioned that this is an ISO loader?
    Its a Bootloader, meaning its a Linux/Unix based front loader; nothing to do with ISO's etc, meaning this has nothing to do with pirating etc; this is a completely open and free function you can do provided by Sony.
    Ya, I just banned the one dink and removed the BS posts, and -Rep'd another. Seriously people, read and think intelligently before posting ignorant and redundant questions.

This has nothing to do with an iSO Loader at all, it's just a PS3 Bootloader that allows you to launch PS3 Linux among other things. This is clearly stated in the title, article, and documentation. Anyone who thinks a PS3 iSO Loader will come before 1) a Retail hole is found and 2) a Hello World is released should not even be posting here.

Let's get this back on topic, who else has tested out the pdaXrom-NG Bootloader and what are your thoughts of it?

well only got my ps3 yesterday so im still learning a lot.

but to install this do i need to format my hdd and is it required every time i want to install a different bootloader?

Quote Originally Posted by ssneeky10 View Post
    but to install this do i need to format my hdd and is it required every time i want to install a different bootloader?
    You need to allocate space for the OtherOS partition, so yes. However, once you do it and install an OtherOS file, you can just overwrite the .bld so no, you won't have to format each time.

i had ydl 6.0 installed (didn't use it much ) and slapped the bootloader over, but i just get a black screen over hdmi.
    i can change the resolution via keyboard (the controller can't connect) and the tv shows that the resolution has been changed, but it's still just black.

No luck with pdaxrom-ng bootloader

I Had already ydl 6.1 running pretty good on my ps3, and I just went ahead and tried installing this new bootloader, but when it loads up the screen shows just a joystick and the background.

I already followed the installation steps on this forum. The only thing I'm not sure about is the iso file. Do i have to burn that image on a disk and have it on the ps3 drive while the otheros.bld loads up??

Hopefully somebody does a step by step guide. Since I search the web but no luck yet

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus19 View Post
    The only thing I'm not sure about is the iso file. Do i have to burn that image on a disk and have it on the ps3 drive while the otheros.bld loads up??
    Based on what little info I could find, I believe you are right... assuming you can launch it via disc from within the Bootloader.

thanks for this bootloader.. its much better and easier than the regular sony 1 to read on the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Based on what little info I could find, I believe you are right... assuming you can launch it via disc from within the Bootloader.
    This is what I got. As soon as I get to the browser I hit enter on the cd Icon that contains the iso image pdaxrom-ng that I burned, but the ps3 freezes on this screen:

I think I'm doing something wrong, but if somebody has this bootloader working already, please give me a tip or let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

pdaxrom-ng.JPG  

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News