Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

OtherOS pdaXrom-NG Bootloader 0.1.2 r1 for PS3 Linux Available

Sponsored Links
    This weekend Sashz has updated the previously-released OtherOS pdaXrom-NG Bootloader v0.1.2 with a new revision, dated 20090417.

Also updated to v0.2 is the [Register or Login to view links] by PS2Dev Jim Paris.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Build 20090417 Changelog
    - Sixaxis bluetooth joystick as mouse (for keyboard/mouse less systems)
    - On screen keyboard

Applications
    Accessories:
    - Leafpad
    - Terminal

Graphics:
    - Image viewer

Internet:
    - Firefox 3.0.8
    - Pidgin 2.5.5
    - Transmission
    - XChat

Office:
    - AbiWord
    - Gnumeric
    - ePDFViewer

Multimedia:
    - Audacious
    - Mplayer

Installation
    - Download bootloader 'pdaXrom-ng-otheros.bld', rename it to 'otheros.bld'.
    - On your USB stick or CD create the directory /PS3/otheros/ and copy 'otheros.bld' file to it.
    - Insert CD or a plug USB stick into PS3 and go to System->System Settings->Install Other OS. PS3 should find and install bootloader.
    - Go to System->System Settings->Set Default OS->OtherOS to boot up with pdaXrom-ng bootloader.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    I think this linux rocks! no hdd partition, all u need on CD
    Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When installed how do i boot back to the ps3 os?

from System->System Settings->Set Default OS->OtherOS

This interests me alot as I use my PS3 to browse sites frequently. Thank you for this update, I have yet to make any firm decision on implementing this as of yet but this really intrigues me.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kr0nikwisd0m View Post
    When installed how do i boot back to the ps3 os?

from System->System Settings->Set Default OS->OtherOS
    If you change the Default System back to "PS3" then when you restart it will be back to the normal PS3 OS (XMB).

If you are in Linux and wish to go back from the Terminal window, type: boot-game-os

Using sixaxis as a mouse in the bootloader is a killer feature if it works. I cannot wait to get to my ps3 and try this out.

...I've installed this otheros and now when I run ps3 I only see one icon with controller! I don't know what to do now! How I can boot my ps3 os now? Why I don't see other icons in otheros? Help me!!!

Ok - now I see cd with linux and usb with linux but I can't boot it. When I press X I hear that cd is reading something but nothing happens!

So I've bricked my console?

I learned on the [Register or Login to view links] what you need to do to come back to ps3 os
    You must switch off ps3 then press the switch on button and hold it until 3 beeps. Now you can start ps3 os :P (resolution will be set on default)
    Last edited by pstrzy; 04-20-2009 at 08:37 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It seems that links dosent work anymore so i uploaded Pdaxrom 20090417 on public server

Cheers

Arrow

The reason the original link isn't working at the moment is because their entire site/Web server is down... probably just temporary though.

We do mirror all releases in our Downloads section: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downloads.php

The pdaXrom releases are under PS3 Linux/OtherOS here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9

Sry for that i didnt notice it. i just want help
    Last edited by pajacyk; 06-07-2009 at 10:13 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News