Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great work! I tried it on my PS2 and ran perfectly the game Fahrenheit from HDD without any additional configuration, that I couldn't run before with the last HDLoader or HDAdvance in any mode. I have to try yet the network feature.

Thank you very much!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This would be nice if it would work on ps3s without backwards compatibility.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    This would be nice if it would work on ps3s without backwards compatibility.
    The thing is though, it is utilising the backward compatability part of the ps3 (whether it's a hardware enabled ps3 or the software emulated ps3's) to run a PS2 disc (swap magic).

No matter what they code in their releases, they just won't be able to make this run on new ps3's without B/C.

So right now, it just physically isn't possible for someone to allow this to run on consoles which don't have the B/C ability.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    i have a 60gb 4 usb fat model pal and was wondering does it use just iso format and would a segate hdd work to store them on?

for usb, using straight ISO's isn't feasable. The reason why is that the USB device must be formatted to FAT32. And the file size limit is 4GB. Best to use the USB Extreme installer or a program called USBUTIL (newest English version is 2.0) This way it installs the game in 1GB chunks (or less if the game has a bit over the last full GB.)

Using network connection (smb) is great for that!

I hasn't problem use swapmagic. Succesfull launch.
    Last edited by anju jaya; 05-29-2010 at 08:05 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Open PS2 Loader 0.7 on PS3 NTSC 60GB Help

I cannot get the Open PS2 Loader 0.7 to work. I can load the elf and see my PS2 backups on the list under USB. The problem is none of my games load properly.. it hangs on a yellow screen after switching a few colours.

I am using Swap Magic 3.6 + PS3 NTSC 60GB /w PS2 chip. I am testing games that load on PS3 USBLD 0.1 and work. Btw, I am testing the game DDR MAX2 that I ripped from my PS2 games.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I am out of ideas to try.

Thanks in advance.

Games won't show up in open PS2 loader v0.7

I have an EU 60gb PS3 with Swap Magic 3.8, I have followed the instructions in the guide...

1. Rename OpenPS2LD.ELF to SMBOOT0.ELF
    2. Make a folder in root of USB device called SWAPMAGIC and copy SMBOOT0.ELF to it.

I have the ISO for DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which I also put in the USB root, but upon loading the PS2 loader v0.7, it shows up as no games in the USB section, I also used the USBUtilv2.00 to split the game in parts, and it still won't show.

so can someone tell me in a step by step guide, how to make this work, if I did it wrong?

Edit: Never mind the previous message, I've already solved the problem, all games have to be in the root of the USB (next to the swap magic folder).
    Last edited by jollof1; 07-24-2010 at 05:55 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123