Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wow, this networked gameloader sounds fun It's a shame, the PS3 has so much restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    how did the people who made swapdisc manage to get the ps2 to read it like its an original? if they found a way to sign files i wonder why no one else has found it yet.
    It doesn't need app-sign, but unburnable media signature (just some master-disc writer capable to write bootable disc). There are a bunch other non-sony-approved bootable app for ps2 like hdloader, action-replay... etc.

But you need not forget the whole stuff is only for PS2! Even if it's work on ps3 too.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I take it added support for internal hdd means your ps3 has to be networked to ur pc and not to the ps2 yes?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is it really that simple, just press up + L1 in my swapmagic? Sounds cool.

I'm having trouble launching the SMBOOT0.ELF file. I boot into swap magic and then press UP+L1, the usb pendrive flashes, but then nothing happens. It's a kingston branded USB drive, i read that they tend not to work so well with PS2 homebrew? I'll try another brand just in case.

very nice to see another release... gonna have to mull over the source for a lil bit...

Well, I can confirm that it was the Kingston stick that was giving me trouble. I tried a generic stick and it worked first time with the same files. Now I am having trouble with the network loading screen, it appears that the loader cannot see the smb share. I suspect it's either a port issue or the fact I have several shares which are quite large and it's scanning all of them (?) for available games.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    So I guess that with the ps3 network feature, there is no more movie lag or gamelag, since the problem was that playing games from usb was at usb 1.1 speeds right?

Can anyone confirm if games are full speed now running over LAN, I been waiting to play ICO a long time now. Thanks
    Unfortunately, that's not the case here. The network speed it can achieve is the same the ps2 could. Looks like Sony is emulating this as well, which mean the LAN connection is not that fast. I know for a fact that in this release network speeds are much better and most games work without lags. Much more better thant USB, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crazelunatic View Post
    I take it added support for internal hdd means ur ps3 has to be networked to ur pc and not to the ps2 yes?
    added support for internal hdd is for the ps2s with a hdd. No hdd supoort for the ps3. network support lets you connect the ps3 to the PC, even through wireless. speed like that isnīt that great.

Just a heads up for the people who have PS3s with no EE chip. IGR doesnīt work on these models because you canīt boot elfs off of the mc.

Anyway great work on this program. amazing progress

I just got around to using Openps2loader.7 for the first time on my 80gb u.s edition ps3 (mgs4 bundle). I don't understand what the internal HDD option is for? How do I connect my ps2 hdd (formatted with hdadvance) to my ps3? I see in the network settings option the ps2 side as well as the pc side... Do I have to connect my IDE PS2 hdd to my pc? I'm guessing then I wouldnt have to reinstall every game on a usb external?

My bad aries and other mods, I keep thinking this is a ps3 prog but forget its a ps2 prog being ran with ps2 emulation.
    Last edited by crazelunatic; 05-14-2010 at 06:33 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't understand what the internal HDD option is for?
    It's for Playstation 2 systems with internal hard drive capabilities like the version 1-11 and versions 12 and 13 with any of the current hard drive mods.
    How do I connect my ps2 hdd (formatted with hdadvance) to my ps3?
    You don't.
    I see in the network settings option the ps2 side as well as the pc side...
    It's there to load games on a remote NAS or PC using the SMB networking protocol.
    Do I have to connect my IDE PS2 hdd to my pc?
    No.
    I'm guessing then I wouldnt have to reinstall every game on a usb external?
    I don't think I'll even attempt to answer this.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast