Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Doesn't work on my 80GB...

So I got Swap Magic 3.6DVD and 3.8CD. The CD doesn't boot saying that it isn't compatible with the PS3. The DVD boots, but freezes as it tries to load from USB. I was able to boot the CD by swapping from the DVD disk though. I then tried to boot from USB and the PS3 rebooted to the XMB.

I tried on a PS2, and that was successful however. I loaded 3.8CD->Open Loader->Magna Carta and it played flawlessly.
    Same here.. thought my kingstone usb memory was no good, I get to the green swap magic screen try to load and it freezes. Good to know the program may be not working at all.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    Same here.. thought my kingstone usb memory was no good, I get to the green swap magic screen try to load and it freezes. Good to know the program may be not working at all.
    Kingston flash media is horribly incompatible with PS2 homebrew. You'd probably have more success with Sandisk (with the factory software deleted from it) or Lexar Firefly series.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have kingston and sandisk and can confirm it does work a lot better with the loader and factory software removed.. so far havent had problems.

Doesn't work on my 80GB...

So I got Swap Magic 3.6DVD and 3.8CD. The CD doesn't boot saying that it isn't compatible with the PS3. The DVD boots, but freezes as it tries to load from USB.

I tried on a PS2, and that was successful however. I loaded 3.8CD->Open Loader->Magna Carta and it played flawlessly.
    hmm, strange. the ps2 compatible 80gb NTSC is the same as my PAL 60gb and it runs with no problem. The SM cd not booting on NTSC systems has been a commonly reported problem but I have no idea why. I would have said that itīs a badly pressed disc but itīs hard to believe there would be so many. i did have 2 people tell me that their SM cd did work on their NTSC ps3, so who knows

I would say your problem when using the SM DVD is your usb drive not being compatible with SM. But then you confuse me saying it ran on the ps2.

Are you using SM on the ps2 or did you use another method to boot ps2loader? If you used another method then that would make sense because of different usb drivers. I guess it could also be possible that the usb device is compatible with ps2 but not with the ps3 usb ports.

what are you using for a usb device and what FW are you on?
    I was able to boot the CD by swapping from the DVD disk though. I then tried to boot from USB and the PS3 rebooted to the XMB.
    This I believe is yet another PS3 security feature.
    I call it the 3 Boots and your OUT (..to the XMB) security check.
    This happens in PS3, PS2 and PS1 modes.
    Let me try and explain it better. you canīt boot or reboot more that twice without going back to the XMB. hmm, I donīt think that helped

so let me try with examples.
    Boot SM, donīt hit the eject button and boot it again, boot it the 3rd time and the ps3 sends you to the XMB. If you boot SM twice and then try to boot any ps2 elf, it will send you to the XMB. Boot SM twice, hit the eject button and insert a original game, try to boot it and your back out to the XMB

I know its the same in PSX mode because i tested with the Breaker Pro Disc. Booted it twice and on the 3rd try, itīs back out to the XMB. boot it twice, hit eject and put in an original psx game, try to load and once again its the XMB.

I tested in PS3 mode using the old RFoM/F1 trick
    Boot RFoM, hit eject and switch with F1, exit RFoM through the menu without hitting the PS button and F1 loads. Now eject and switch with another game, exit F1 through the menu. This time the game wonīt load and your back out to the XMB.

So... Iīm guessing this is more ps3 security. like if we needed more

Just a small update on the program. The core has been replaced with a new one, so there's a speed increase when streaming the gamves via SMB. I'm not sure if it works with the PS3 as of yet since I can't test due to lacking a PS3. For an example of the speed increase though, almost all of the high resolution FMV's in God of War 1 and 2 play with almost no stutter. There are still some games (like Aeon Flux) that have horrible stutter yet. Compatibility is getting better as well.

One other thing. Some embedded NAS units (like my Coolmax CN-350 with the R2882 chipset) are now compatible using port 139. FreeNAS and Windows XP use port 445. Regarding NAS compatibility, there's only been mine and jimmikaelkael's tested. He has a Linksys NAS. Others may or may not be compatible.

All of these changes are as of Revision 133. One last thing, we may see a public binary release this week sometime. Depends on what the heads of the project wants to do.

Great news

Thanks for the update bootlegninja.

A little question, this one works with both old ps3 with EE chip and latest fat with emulation disabled? Or only with old Jap ones?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by cenoxdj View Post
    A little question, this one works with both old ps3 with EE chip and latest fat with emulation disabled? Or only with old Jap ones?
    The same as all previous versions (-Rep), as detailed in the very first post:
    Finally, you must have a PS3 console that supports loading PS2 game images... this means it must be a non-Slim PlayStation 3 model with (4) USB ports or else you cannot use this application at the present time.
    I am closing this thread for now... please people, read before posting the same questions over and over as you will only get -Rep'd (as will those who reply to redundant questions) and your posts will be deleted when we see them.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News