Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is the first news I read on this site, after almost a year or two following it that looks like a real homebrew.

You know a software.. with face.. working.. a lot of people. And open code is great! I think the scene has only to win this.

PS3 is getting it's baby steps, little by little..

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Great work ifcaro and the dev team.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    i couldn't do it anyway because i dont have the right PS3 or a swap magic disk but is there a PS1 version of this? or a PS1 version being made?
    Actually there has been an alpha shared among a select few users that does load ps1 games via network or internal IDE. ffgriever is the one who is writing that. dlanor is the only one I know of with the alpha. (and he won't distribute the binary or sources without permission from ffgriever).

One draw back that I have heard of is that there is no GUI right now. The program is manipulated via arguments input from the user via PS2Link. News on that program is received in between long gaps. Also, to the best of my knowledge, it has never been tested on a PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I'd say the original rule still applies... 4 Ports = it will work, 2 Ports = it won't. To date I have yet to read any contradictions, stipulations, exceptions, etc to that basic rule on this Forum or any others.

If the older PS3 USBLD Loaders worked on it then this revision should as well, but if it didn't then you may be SOL.

I suppose if you are still in doubt of the time-tested rule, you could always give it a try though and report back.
    Swap Magic ordered, will report back. Just like old times, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Swap Magic ordered, will report back. Just like old times, eh?
    Indeed.. I can't believe you don't have any still collecting dust from the PS2 days hehe I must have about 6 different updates of it here from like version 2.0 to 3.8.

Question

How about the support of usb devices.. has it increased or is this swapmagic related?

hi all. Need to have a original SwapMagic 3.8 or i can use a image file from internet?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by iphonegr View Post
    hi all. Need to have a original SwapMagic 3.8 or i can use a image file from internet?
    It's answered in countless threads so you obviously didn't search (-Rep), but to answer: yes, you need an original pressed Swap Magic disc.

Doesn't work on my 80GB...

So I got Swap Magic 3.6DVD and 3.8CD. The CD doesn't boot saying that it isn't compatible with the PS3. The DVD boots, but freezes as it tries to load from USB. I was able to boot the CD by swapping from the DVD disk though. I then tried to boot from USB and the PS3 rebooted to the XMB.

I tried on a PS2, and that was successful however. I loaded 3.8CD->Open Loader->Magna Carta and it played flawlessly.

Thanks for the follow-up confirmation Kraken and +Rep!

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News