Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Official PlayStation App Confirmed for iPhone & Android Handsets

Sponsored Links
    It appears yesterday's rumor is now true, as today Sony Portal Manager Emmanuel Orssaud has confirmed the Official PlayStation App is coming soon to iPhone and Android handsets!

To quote: I'm very happy to finally be able to announce on the PlayStation.Blog that we will launch the Official PlayStation App very soon.

The app will be available to download for iPhone and iPod Touch with OS 4 and above, and most Android compatible handsets with a minimum of OS 1.6.

In version 1.0 you'll be able to:

- Check out your PlayStation Network trophies and keep up to date with your friends' games and online status.
    - Discover all the latest games, news and hardware for your PlayStation 3, PSP and PlayStation 2.
    - Read all the announcements on the European PlayStation.Blog.
    - Share your favourite products or news with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via e-mail.

The first version (1.0) will be available in the following countries: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and The Netherlands.

We are already working on the next version that will support most SCEE countries and languages, and will also let you comment on PlayStation.Blog.

There are tons more features we are planning to bring to this app in the next few months so keep an eye on the PlayStation.Blog for further announcements early next year.

I'll be back here to let you know once the app goes live. Oh, and I almost forgot to say that the app will be free to download!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oh, come on, where is the love for BlackBerry? anyway, features are not that great, I was hoping you could chat and send messages between the PS3 and your mobile phone, now that would be cool! for the moment it's just meh...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hope it will comes for Symbian S60. I want to talk to my friends in my list, when I'm not at home. That would be really cool.

Yeah - the current features are pretty much useless - jsut adverts more or less. The most wanted and usefull one - PSN messaging is apparently left out

Double standards by Sony, We'll be able to get on PSN with out Jailbroken Iphones but not our jailbroken PS3

Yaawn, another pointless app.

Quote Originally Posted by fisher42uk View Post
    Double standards by Sony, We'll be able to get on PSN with out Jailbroken Iphones but not our jailbroken PS3
    1. sony can't control what you do with an apple product
    2. you can't cheat on the psn with a jailbroken iphone

the idea behind this app and the possibilities are cool. i hope they bring something like this to the states.

First off, why no US version? Second, need an app for webOS and BlackBerry as well... I would maybe use this if I was more into PSN, but it's definitely a great idea that all console makers should adopt (official online friends lists apps and such).

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News