Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button No Playstation "live"

Sponsored Links
    Harrison on PS3 Online

As we suspected months ago in our interview with Epicís Mark Rein, it looks like Sony will in fact go with an open architecture for its online model. What does that mean, exactly? Basically, the way that the PlayStation 2ís online model operates will be applied to the PlayStation 3. While Harrison admitted that the Xbox Live online gaming service is one of the things that Microsoft has done well, he said that Sonyís plan is to let publishers establish their own means for getting consumers online and to let the publishers interact with consumers directly instead of using Sony as some kind of buffer for the online experience.

Unfortunately, by going with this model, Sony runs the risk of repeating its mistakes. The PS2 online model has proven to work with some sports games, a few shooters like SOCOM, and Final Fantasy XI, but outside of those, very few PS2 games have found success online. If Sony does a better job of promoting the online experience with the PlayStation 3 and at least attempts to have some sort of unifying structure, then this may not be the case. As it ......
    [Register or Login to view links]

sony really need's to offer some kinda organized online like xbox live...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony seems like it wants to keep hurting itself even before the bloody ps3 is out. I wonder whats next......

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by yupyup3832
    Sony seems like it wants to keep hurting itself even before the bloody ps3 is out. I wonder whats next......
    well, i didnt see it posted here, but i saw a couple sites claim the ps3 is delayed till 07 because of a heating issue in the dev kits, so they have to start back at square 1...

Quote Originally Posted by MKE
    well, i didnt see it posted here, but i saw a couple sites claim the ps3 is delayed till 07 because of a heating issue in the dev kits, so they have to start back at square 1...
    No they dont have to start at square one, its as simple as adding a fan or two. Or perhaps adding a quality heatsink to the CPU.

Whichever the case, I would only like to see sony stick their noses in for one reason. CHEATERS. I hated it when I was playing Madden 05 and some guy who was loseing waited until the last few seconds to do this glitch where it drops both people and the game isnt recorded. It happend ALOT, this is why every time you turned around the TOP 100 list had all new people in it. And these werent cheats in the conventional manner, but wrather glitches either in the software or hardware provided by the third party deveolper. If Sony intervened then their would be a lot better chance of less glitches ever happening and the ones that did would be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp
    No they dont have to start at square one, its as simple as adding a fan or two. Or perhaps adding a quality heatsink to the CPU.
    thats what you would think but according to the articles, they fired the ps3 team and are starting over.

Some say spring 2006 but that has to be the japan date, the usa/euro date would be fall or winter. Thats being nice, I wouldn't be surpised with a usa spring 07 and euro fall 07.

If it has a heat issue, we can always point a big fan towards it.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News