Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

No LittleBigPlanet Open BETA says Producer

Sponsored Links
    The Community Development Manager (Sam Bennett) and Producer (Pete Smith) of LittleBigPlanet have again said that there will not be a LittleBigPlanet public open BETA.

Instead, the BETA test will be done by an internal group at Sony, but a small number of gamers and press may be invited to this. SCEE did previously say that the closed BETA would start this summer.

To quote: We had the opportunity to speak at length with various LittleBigPlanet producers at PlayStation Day, as well as get some hands-on time with the title. Top of our discussion list was the beta. We wanted to know as much as possible about when it's coming and have done since it was implied last July.

However both Sam Bennett (Community Development Manager) and Pete Smith (Producer) maintained that a public, open BETA will sadly not be happening. The game will go through a BETA phase, obviously, but this will be performed by an internal group at Sony.

There's a possibility of a small number of gamers and press being invited into the BETA phase, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Releasing the game in its entirety to the public, free of charge would be suicide.

Instead, there's talk of a demo being made available, which will curb our monstrous hunger pangs for the game until its October release. What the demo will contain and when it will arrive is still being discussed.

No LittleBigPlanet Open BETA says Producer

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, at least a demo will be released. I can understand them not releasing an open beta, as they'd be overwhelmed by beta reports, most of which will probably be poorly communicated. Beta testing is best left to the professionals.

Hopefully they have a signup for beta testing. I'd love to help out and advise Media Molecule of any fixes they need to make. I'm an IT professional, so I've got the system testing experience.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News