Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

No God of War III PS3 Multiplayer, Director Says it Wouldn't Fit

Sponsored Links
    God of War III will not have PS3 multiplayer, and according to the title's director Stig Asmussen the underlying reason why is that it simply wouldn't fit.

This was recently revealed in an [Register or Login to view links] with GamePro, to quote:

"With God of War 3, there's a story we want to tell and an experience we want to deliver, and multiplayer doesn't fit into that." said the games producer Stig Asmussen.

"Imagine two Kratos characters running around at the same time. Once you do that, the story becomes something more about an experience between two players and less about something that we're scripting."

"So, you have something like Left 4 Dead, which is sweet, but we just decided with this game, there's a certain way that we want to tell it. And staying with what we've done in the past, we want to complete the story in a way that was familiar to everybody."

He did, however, hint at new challenge rooms in the form of DLC: "It would make a lot of sense to be able to download them. That's something we might see in the future." adding "It's a good way to keep the series going."

No God of War III PS3 Multiplayer, Director Says it Wouldn't Fit

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't know about the director, but for me multiplayer would have been cool.

I would have liked the multiplayer to let us select any character from the game (including other gods). That would have made it cool.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    more coop multiplayer seems proper than deathmatch multiplayer. But I do see the Director's point... the whole purpose of the game is to have a kick-ass singleplayer experience, which every other iteration of GOW has done.

Quote Originally Posted by walidahmadi View Post
    I don't know about the director, but for me multiplayer would have been cool.

I would have liked the multiplayer to let us select any character from the game (including other gods). That would have made it cool.
    But that would make the multiplayer part of the game into a fighting game like Soul Calibur and such. Besides, Kratos already makes into Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny.

Kratos already makes into Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny.
    It's on PSP not PS3!

We can see both sides of the story here. But how would it work seeing that Kratos is a one man killing machine. It would be silly to see two of them or three of him in a Co-Op. It would take a way from the seriousness of the story. The DLC makes more sense as to keep the game going. Which all games need nowadays. A single play of a game times are over. There needs to be online something or additional game play to come in everything. I think whatever they do will be tastefully done. Yet, in trying to keep Kratos image respected the same.

I think Soul Calibur was a way to keep him fresh in player's minds as we've all have waited for the next installment from GOW2 to GOW3.

They should seriously consider doing something about with multiplayer to keep the people playing the game constantly. Maybe a simple arena mode where you can battle each other or monsters with friends. Or special DLC challenge rooms that would allow you to play cooperatively. Hell maybe they could even throw in a separate mode where you play a normal soldier (archer or swordsman) and you just have to survive for as long as possible or something.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that they are putting the two modes of play together. You can make an awesome single player experience, and still have a multiplayer mode that's completely seperate from the main game. Lots of games have done this so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreika View Post
    Kratos already makes into Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny.
    It's on PSP not PS3!
    Knew that. Was simply making a reference that if wanting to see Kratos in fighting game environment, play Broken Destiny, because multiplayer mode for God of War would probably be like a fighting game.

Seriously hoping that they would port Broken Destiny to either PS2 or PS3...

There can be only one Kratos in the game. If you want to add multiplayer, I reckon it must be done as follow:

1. Two players only (or if you can manage more keeping the rest of these points in mind)
    2. Player One = Kratos and Player Two = any "baddy" fighting against Kratos amongst the other "baddies" Kratos (P1) is trying to kill to progress
    3. If P1 is defeated, he starts at a checkpoint prior being killed.
    4. If P2 fails to kill P1, then Kratos moves to next area/stage and P2 selects another character to fight and prevent Kratos from moving on in the next area/stage
    5. Bosses and final battle - Kratos against P2 with Boss powers
    Last edited by OGroteKoning; 10-23-2009 at 07:44 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News