It appears $ony has contacted PSM3Mag/YouTube and the PS3 Boot-Up ViDEO
is not available there, however, it is still available from Google
for those who'd like to check it out. In related PS3
news, according to http://ps3.ign.com/articles/736/736932p1.html the PS3
Dual Shock Controller is officially
renamed now as follows:
Six Axis. That's the official name for the PlayStation 3 controller.
$ony announced today its first accessories for the PS3, and included in the announcement was the name for the new Dual Shock. With the controller no longer featuring rumble, most expected the new name to do away with the "Shock," and sure enough, the final name of "Six Axis" reflects the motion-sensing abilities of the device.
Every PS3 will ship with one controller standard, but those who want multiplayer play will need to pick up an extra device. Each controller will have a Lithium Ion battery built in. You'll be able to connect to the PS3 via USB to charge the battery, with a single charge lasting 30 hours. It's unknown if $ony will be including a USB cable with the controller.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/736/736936p1.html also announced today of an upcoming PS3
remote control, a wireless controller, and a memory card reader. To quote from the article:
The remote's official name is BD Remote Controller, apparently to indicate the device's convenience for Blu-Ray disk playback. Model number CECHZR1J, the remote control will cost 3,600 yen, but it won't be available until 12/7. The device will use Bluetooth to interact with the PS3.
Finally, the memory card reader, which will help you maintain your PS2 save game collection. Officially called the Memory Card Adapter, it connects to the PS3 via USB and accepts memory cards for both the PS2 and PlayStation. Once you've connected the device, you'll be able to transfer your save games to the PS3 hard disk, so you'll presumably only have to use this once.
In PSP news today, fatcamp
has now shared a B-Boy (EUR) French 610MB PSP RipKit
with us, and skirocket
has shared a NBA 07 (USA) 418MB PSP RipKit
as well. Enjoy!
Today we have a new week, a new month, and a new season upon us- Fall
! Everyone knows what that means... the PS3
is on the way, and so are some nice
holidays too! Getting to this week's Site News, we have the following to report thus far:
- In PS3 news, http://www.psm3mag.com made available some pics of the PS3 in action as follows: Pic #1, Pic #2, Pic #3, Pic #4, Pic #5, Pic #6, Pic #7, Pic #8, Pic #9, and Pic #10! Also available is a ViDEO of the PS3 in action booting-up as follows:
To quote from their initial PS3 notes:
Those interested can discuss this VERY COOL news in our Working PS3 Pics Forum thread, and props to projekt20 for the news!
Things to note:
1) The speed the machine sucks the disc in. Wow!
2) The PS3 start up sound - it's like an orchestra tuning up. Cool.
3) The similarity between the PS3 interface and the PSP interface.
4) Watch out for the first recorded lifting of the PS3's flaps.
5) Listen out for the fact that $ony don't officially have a name for the 'PS' button in the middle yet.
6) And check out those flashing blue and green lights. Groovy.
- fatcamp has shared with us a B-Boy (EUR) 610MB PSP RipKit. In related news, hjacked also shared both a B-Boy (EUR) English 377MB PSP RipKit and a B-Boy (EUR) Italian 377MB PSP RipKit today. Please use our on-going B-Boy PSP Forum thread for all feedback and discussion- Thanks!
- apcarr has shared a Mercury Meltdown (EUR) 221MB PSP RipKit today with us, and those interested can post their results with it in our Mercury Meltdown PSP Forum thread.
- Next up, Wedge has updated to VSHEX DLX2 Alpha 14 Mod For DevHook v0.46 For PSP today which includes: Requirements option in database, UseDB option in dlx.ini, and Some file reorganization: Delete plain2x.prx, henb.prx, henc.prx, umdciso.prx, umdciso_P47_SS_2000.prx and umdcisodax.prx from dh/kd then extract archive overwriting ALL files.
Shortly following, he updated once again to VSHEX DLX2 Alpha 15 Mod For DevHook v0.46 For PSP which adds: No HEN (Normal CiSO) is now: plain2x.prx, umdciso.prx, umdciso.prx. (you can use requirements=13 for FIFA 07) and DAX files will also give an "requirements not met" error if umdcisodax.prx is not loaded.
- radical dreamer has shared with us a Heavenly Star PSP GameBoot in our Custom PSP Backgrounds/Themes Forum thread- enjoy!
- Cpasjuste has updated to MyPSPShell v1.0 For PSP today which includes numerous imprevements- be sure to check out the ReadMe file for the complete list.
- In PS2 news today, eternal has shared with us a Final Fantasy XII (USA) HDA FiX. Those interested can use our on-going Final Fantasy XII USA PS2DVD-iND Forum thread for related discussion.
- In X-Box 360 news, those seeking SS file assistance can check our our multi-page X-Box 360 SS File thread for the very latest updates. It is currently maintained by out4it for those wondering- nice job indeed!
- Those new to our Web site- don't forget to drop by our PS3News Gallery to share your pics or comment on those posted by others, and to check our our Member Blogs section which is rapidly approaching 300 bloggers! Remember, both of these will earn you CREDITS that can be used throughout our Site Forums as well as the popular PS3News Shop where you can buy and trade in items for them!