Naughty Dog's Senior Manager of Marketing Communications Arne Meyer
has shared some highlights of a recent media event at the Naughty Dog studios today as follows:
The very full day for our guests started off with getting them up to speed on UNCHARTED 2, covering background info on story, gameplay and technology such as:
- The historical mystery surrounding Marco Polo and his lost fleet, which serves as the foundation for our story.
- What's happened to Drake, since it's pretty obvious he's a bit scruffier, down on his luck and he's definitely running with way shadier people than before.
- Introducing everyone to Chloe Frazer, a sexy and impulsive Australian who is just this side of unpredictable and dangerous, not to mention Drake's new partner and romantic interest - can you blame him?
- Adding in what we're calling "action-stealth" to give you the choice to go in guns blazing or take out a few adversaries unnoticed before engaging the rest of them.
- Blending together our climbing and shooting into what we call "traversal gunplay" so you can now be in gun combat in the middle of climbing, swinging on a rope, hanging from a ledge or sign...you can shoot pretty much from anywhere, anytime you want.
- All the cool things the Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 can do now, like pushing way more polygons than before, an overhaul of lighting and shadowing, complex enemy A.I., snow shaders and subsurface scattering, fur shading, new physics engine, audio obstruction occlusion... the list goes on and on and on.
And that's just scratching the surface of it all.
After all that, we gave our guests a gameplay demo that was followed with a cut scene introducing Chloe, all of which takes place in a fictional war-torn city in Nepal.
We also gave everyone who came to our studio something no one else has witnessed yet - playing back our Spike Video Game Awards trailer in real-time entirely within our engine.
We also captured a new screenshot that we wanted to share just with you. See below! More PlayStation 3 News...