Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with this weeks new PS3 and PSN releases today, as follows:
Building on the popular DOA series' signature fighting style, Dead or Alive 5 Plus brings the spectacular graphics and new martial arts techniques of the PlayStation 3 to the PS Vita with all-new system-specific features.
Players will take on the roles of the cast of Dead or Alive fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world, with each stage featuring backdrops that change and interact with players. Enjoy this week's The Drop. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Also on PSN)
- The Walking Dead video game takes the undead and brings them out of the AMC Emmy award-winning TV show and into console gaming systems in a new, terrifying way.
Terminal Reality's first-person action game will allow players to assume the role of the mysterious, crossbow-wielding survivor Daryl Dixon on an unforgiving quest to the supposed safety of Atlanta. The iconic walkers will relentlessly hunt down players like their television counterparts using a combination of sight, sound, and smell. As Daryl, players will need to tread carefully throughout each new area they explore.
Once discovered, it doesn't take much to attract an unstoppable horde of undead walkers, so every threat needs to be assessed, and every situation analyzed. No place is truly safe for Daryl as he makes his way through the Georgia countryside, alongside his overbearing brother Merle, in this new, post-apocalyptic world. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
- "V" stands for "Victory" in Compile Heart's Hyperdimension Neptunia V, the third game in the RPG series. Neptune reprises her role as the self-aware main character and meets characters new and old after getting transported back to the '80s version of Gamindustri.
Prepare for a refined and even faster-paced battle system! Fans of the series will be able to immerse themselves even deeper into the mythos of Gamindustri with Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Dead or Alive 5 Plus (PS3/PS Vita Cross Play)
- With a sensual yet realistic style, characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. New touch controls bring a completely new experience to fighting games. Simple taps, swipes, and pinches on your opponent trigger a variety of devastating moves.
Using the Vita's motion sensor, you can even play vertically for a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent. Both novice and expert players will also find even more ways to up their game with new training-focused modes and a new display of advanced frame data that reveals twice the amount of information for each move compared to previous versions. Tournament players will spend hours analyzing the best moves for their fights. Carnage Heart EXA (PSP/PS Vita)
- The centerpiece of Carnage Heart EXA is the design and implementation of giant robots called Overkill Engines (OKE). By themselves, these robots are unimpressive; only by hardware and software modifications do they become truly terrifying machines.
Players will have a multitude of hardware and software options to add to their OKEs including weapons, fuel tanks, armor thickness, and more. Dollar Dash (PS3)
- Dollar Dash will have you shouting for joy and screaming in despair, as you make a dash with the cash. You must attack, defend or outrun your fellow thieves using unique comedic tactics and crazy weapons while making sure you deposit your hard-earned cash in the getaway vehicle before it disappears, hold onto the safe or simply blast your opponent on your way to victory. Demos
• Dead or Alive 5 Plus (PS Vita)
• Dollar Dash (PS3) PSOne Classic Hogs of War
- Six nations fight for control of Saustralasia in Hogs of War. You side with one of the nations and fight through 25 levels of turn-based action. However, your army is rather unique: it is comprised of pigs.
Yes, the smartest of all barnyard animals have decided to wage a war for resources. On each turn, you control one pig for a set amount of time. You can move the animal and attack the enemy, and when time is up you switch to another soldier in the three- to five-member team. After all of your swine have moved, the enemies take their turn in a similar manner. Sony Pictures Zero Dark Dirty (Blu-ray/DVD - Ultraviolet)
- For a decade, an elite team of intelligence and military operatives, working in secret across the globe, devoted themselves to a single goal: to find and eliminate Osama bin Laden.
ZERO DARK THIRTY reunites the Oscar-winning team of director-producer Kathryn Bigelow and writer-producer Mark Boal (2009, Best Picture, THE HURT LOCKER) for the story of history's greatest manhunt for the world's most dangerous man.
More PlayStation 3 News