Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new PS3 and PSN releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws.
Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a critter-firing crossbow. First released in 2005, Stranger's Wrath has been passionately upgraded in HD and is coming to the PS Vita this week. Enjoy this week The Drop. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic the Hedgehog and all the rest of SEGA's great cast of characters hit the road again in this sequel to the hit racing game. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed offers convertible vehicles, brand new characters, and killer All-Stars moves!
Following on from the huge success of Sonic & SEGA All-Star's Racing, the characters now have their own unique transforming vehicles designed to take advantage of the varying terrain.
The line-up on the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed grid sees SEGA favorites - including Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr Eggman and AiAi - return to battle against newcomers that include Gilius Thunderhead of Golden Axe and Vyse of Skies of Arcadia. Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (PS Vita) - Oddworld
just got... Stranger. In Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, players step into the role of the Stranger, a rough and tumble bounty hunter who tracks down outlaws for moolah.
Using a special weapons system that gives a whole new meaning to "live" ammo, players encounter deviant species and hostile challenges along the way. Oddworld Stranger's Wrath combines first and third-person gameplay with familiar Oddworld elements and an all-new engine to deliver a unique gameplay experience.
Originally released in 2005, Stranger's Wrath has been faithful reproduced on PlayStation Vita with a raft of enhancements, including: stunning HD visuals (with improved character models as well as new detail-enhancing effects such as normal mapping and self-shadowing,) re-mastered dialogue and additional bonus material. Batman: Arkham Asylum
- In Batman: Arkham Asylum the player assumes the role of Batman as he delivers The Joker to Arkham Asylum. There, the imprisoned super-villains have set a trap and an immersive combat gaming experience unfolds.
With an original script penned by Emmy Award-winning Batman writer Paul Dini, the game brings the universe of DC Comics' detective to life!
Batman: Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum - Gotham's psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum.
Using a wide range of Batman's gadgets and abilities, players will become the invisible predator and attempt to foil The Joker's demented scheme. Zombie Driver HD
- Fight your way through the streets of a zombie infested city to save the survivors of a disastrous chemical accident that changed most of the city's population into mindless brain hungry monsters.
Time is your enemy and your car is your weapon as you race through the streets smashing everything on your way including fences, phone booths, street lamps and hordes of zombies. When the gruesomely mutated zombies become too much to handle, buy a new car or get more guns and upgrades installed.
You can earn more money for finishing side quests, making kill combos and searching for hidden prizes. Game play is unrestricted and the player can freely roam through the dark streets, alleys and backyards searching for the best shortcuts or hidden power ups. Karateka
- Created on an Apple II by Jordan Mechner in his Yale dorm room, Karateka became a #1 bestseller and influenced a generation of gamers with its groundbreaking rotoscoped animation and cinematic cutscenes.
28 years later, Mechner returns to his indie roots with a new take on Karateka for today's digital game platforms, featuring art by Jeff Matsuda (The Batman) and music by Grammy-winning composer Christopher Tin (Civilization IV).
Whether you are a nostalgic Karateka fan or new to the game, Karateka will charm you with its classic love story set in feudal Japan. Fight to save the lovely Mariko from the evil warlord Akuma and reunite her with her True Love! Labyrinth Legends
- Explore ancient tombs of lost civilizations in Labyrinth Legends. Evade concealed traps. Solve intuitive puzzles. Collect stars and gold, and discover hidden treasure, weapons, artifacts and more. But stay alert to battle foreboding mummies, zombies, ghouls and other monsters hidden in the shadows. LEGO Lord of the Rings
- Explore Middle-earth in an epic and thrilling LEGO video game adventure for the entire family! LEGO The Lord of the Rings brings to life the legendary fantasy saga by J.R.R. Tolkien. The game follows the original storylines of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
Players can team up in pairs as adorable LEGO The Lord the Rings minifigures to experience countless dangers, solve riddles and battle formidable foes on their journey to Mount Doom.
Knytt Underground (PS Vita/PS3) - Knytt Underground, the sequel to the massively popular Knytt and Knytt Stories, is an exciting platform game offers gamers exploration in an infinitely breathtaking atmosphere. Burn The Rope (PS Vita)
- Burn the Rope is a unique game for the pyro in all of us. All you have to do is feed the fire! In this challenging game, you try to burn as much rope as you can in each level. There's a catch! The fire only burns upwards, leaving you to tilt and turn your phone to keep your flame alive!
As you progress through the levels, you'll encounter bugs crawling along the rope. Different bugs have different reactions to the flame. For example, the ant changes the color of the flame so you can burn different colored ropes, and the spider shoots out a web bridge so you can access parts of the level that you could not before. Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
- Heavy Fire: Afghanistan - The Chosen Few offers blisteringly fast-paced action set in a modern day Afghanistan Minis
• Hotel Mogul Demos
• Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
• Dogfight 1942
• Fuel Overdose
• Sound Shapes (PS Vita/PS3)
• The Unfinished Swan
• When Vikings Attack! (PS Vita/PS3)
• Zombie Driver HD Blu-ray Movies: New Release Highlights Total Recall (DVD / Unrated Director's Cut Blu-ray)
- Welcome to Rekall, the company that can turn your dreams into real memories.
For a factory worker named Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrell), even though he's got a beautiful wife (Kate Beckinsale) who he loves, the mind-trip sounds like the perfect vacation from his frustrating life - real memories of life as a super-spy might be just what he needs.
But when the procedure goes horribly wrong, Quaid becomes a hunted man. Finding himself on the run from the police - controlled by Chancellor Cohaagen (Bryan Cranston), the leader of the free world - Quaid teams up with a rebel fighter (Jessica Biel) to find the head of the underground resistance (Bill Nighy) and stop Cohaagen.
The line between fantasy and reality gets blurred and the fate of his world hangs in the balance as Quaid discovers his true identity, his true love, and his true fate. Resident Evil Retribution
(releases 12/21/12 on DVD / Blu-ray) - In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented - but it will be illegal and only available on the black market.
When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past where a "looper" - a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) - is waiting to mop up.
Joe is getting rich and life is good... until the day the mob decides to "close the loop," sending back Joe's future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. The film is written and directed by Rian Johnson and also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels.
More PlayStation 3 News