Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new Sony PS3 and PSN releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
Leave your quarters at home or take them on the go when playing your favorite pinball machine for the zillionth time, or discover an acclaimed pinball classic for the first time, with The Pinball Arcade.
Its also equipped with the added bonus of "Cross Purchase," you can buy the PS Vita version and get the PS3 version for free, and vice versa.
The cast of long-awaited 2D fighter Skullgirls prepare to pummel PSN players, the Sour Patch Kids make their platformer debut in World Gone Sour, and match-3 goes free-to-play with Treasures of Montezuma Blitz for PS Vita.
Enjoy this week's The Drop. PlayStation Network Skullgirls
- Set in the Canopy Kingdom, Skullgirls tells the tale of eight female warriors as they fight to reclaim a wish-granting artifact known as the "Skull Heart" from the monstrous Skullgirl.
As legend has it, every seven years this enigmatic Skull Heart grants a wish to a young woman... but this power can come at a terrible price. If her heart is impure, her wish will be twisted and she herself will be transformed into a Skullgirl.
Developed by newcomer Reverge Labs, Skullgirls is a fast-paced 2D fighting game. Starring a cast of feisty female warriors, Skullgirls is a multi-layered fighter featuring all-new game systems for veteran fighting game fans while also making the intimidating genre enjoyable and accessible to the casual gamer. Sour Patch Kids: World Gone Sour
- In Sour Patch Kids: World Gone Sour, gamers will take on the miniature role of a lost Sour Patch Kid, guiding the hero through the sticky floors of a movie theater, across the counter of a concession stand, and other unique and oversized environments.
Joining forces with fellow lost Sour Patch Kids, players will use a combination of jumps, twists and puzzle-solving to negotiate and overcome larger than life obstacles.
Along the way, they will battle unusual candy enemies, escape from deranged humans, and face-off against bizarre creatures including one very angry wad of sticky chewing gum. The Pinball Arcade (PSVita / PS3 Cross Purchase)
- From the makers of Pinball Hall of Fame comes the ultimate pinball machine collection -- step into The Pinball Arcade and you'll have access to many of the all-time greatest tables from Williams, Bally, Stern Pinball, and Gottlieb!
Players build their pinball collection by purchasing and downloading the tables they want to play, each powered by a realistic pinball simulation that re-creates pinball gameplay with accuracy and authenticity.
Leave your quarters at home and just enjoy playing your favorite pinball machine for the zillionth time or discovering an acclaimed pinball classic for the first time. Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (PS Vita)
- Completely free for life to download and play! Treasures of Montezuma Blitz is a stunning shiny new puzzle game, using the featuring the unique abilities of PlayStation Vita System to deliver to you a fresh experience of the new-age fun!
With both Front and Rear Touchscreens at your fingertips, there will be no limits to your speed, and Motion Sensor for gravity adds even more spice to the fast-paced rounds of the game. PS3 Demos
• Sniper Elite v2 PlayStation 2 Classics Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
- Lead a group of high school students with a dangerous extracurricular activity: exploring the mysterious tower Tartarus and fighting the sinister Shadows during the Dark Hour, a frozen span of time imperceptible to all but a select few.
However, the end of their quest is no longer the end of the story-witness for the first time the aftermath of the final battle and the students' struggle to find meaning in their new lives.
A spin-off of the RPG Persona, Fes (or "Festival of Persona 3″ consists of Persona 3's content along with 30 hours of additional gameplay.
The new gameplay comes primarily in the form of the "Gojitsudan," a story sequence that comes after the original's ending, with new cinematic sequences in addition to the added gameplay. While the main storyline is the same, it's been tuned up with new events.
Gameplay has been updated as well, with a new "hard" setting (the original had just easy and normal), 23 new Personas, a weapon synthesis system and a system for changing your characters' clothes.
More PlayStation 3 News