Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

New Resistance 2 details for PS3

Sponsored Links
    Insomniac Games have revealed some new information on their upcoming first person shooter, Resistance 2. Basically they said that while creating the new big monster, named Leviathan, they had to think about the surrounding areas and extend the range that the engine displays. Levels are now much bigger and in scope and draw space compared to Resistance: Fall of Man.

There's going to be new content shown at E3 that they've never shown before and will show 60 players online multiplayer for the first time. When they show the 60 player online mode, the players will be employee's from both Sony and Insomniac Games from their offices, they are going to do this so they can get the numbers online.

Insomniac Games says that what you've already seen of Resistance 2, when the full game is released it will look a lot better.

"What you've seen earlier on is only gonna get better"

Cinematics are starting to be finalized and look really good. They answered a question they get asked a lot and that is; how do they do their cinematics? They build the enviroments and go down to the motion capture studios, get all the actors they need and basically act out the scene in physical space thats approximated from the enviroments they created.

Once captured they hand it over to the animators back at the Insomniac Games studio, animate their faces and hands so it works in the game. After that they add effects, enviromental effects, sound effects and export those frame by frame to make them into MPEGS, the reason they do it in MPEGS is for level load coverage.

The cinematics are from the games engine but captured in MPEGs for level load coverage. To make this sound a bit simpler, it WAS in-game but is captured at the end of the day and is used as an MPEG to cover the levels loading.

"It was in-game but now its captured"

"Its the same, the user will never really tell the difference"

That's all the information. Resistance 2 will be released this fall.

New Resistance 2 details for PS3

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Resistance 1 was a great game. I enjoyed beating it multiple times which is hard to come across for me. Really looking forward to the new boss and can't wait to check out the second run-thru hidden weapons, really makes it interesting when you replay the game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea i still play resistance online w/my cuz. They got it right the first time plus they were rushed for it to be a launch title. With the time they had now 2 will be off tha chain.

resistance was nice... got it two months ago, but i was disappointed about that resistance 2 video. graphics weren't that nice but i hope that was the fact that it is still not ready.

personal opinion yet is to get killzone 2 than resistance 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zoddi View Post
    resistance was nice... got it two months ago, but i was disappointed about that resistance 2 video. graphics weren't that nice but i hope that was the fact that it is still not ready.

personal opinion yet is to get killzone 2 than resistance 2
    the graphics may not be leaps and bounds over the first one, but the online multiplayer is! its going to be great

I have to say when I saw the E3 demo from the PSN store I thought the gameplay looked nice. I can imagine subtle changes in the shaders and rendering of the final product. But I have to say I did see a large improvement in the modeling of weapons and environments. I can't wait to see a final product trailers.

I cant wait for Resistance 2 although Little big planet and Killzone 2 seem more game 3.0 to me.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News