Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can't do much about the DVD-FS tried Nero and Alcohol 120% and they both only support sector lenghts 2048 and 2352 neither of which match the PS3's we need updated burner software. The file system should not be mountable on PC
    Last edited by hacked2123; 01-17-2007 at 08:04 PM

hacked2123 you cannot obtain good results cause of these two things:

1) The original game disc that you use to boot is a blu ray and you CANNOT swap it with a dvd burnt cause of the fact that the way to read a BD is different from the one used to read a DVD, so the PS3 try to continue reading in the BD mode when you swap it. This mean you have to use a burnt BD to make a good try

2) The PS3 could read the game that you burnt with LBA instread of file names, so if you rip it on a DVD you should patch the LBA table too (if there is one).

By the way good luck i opened my PS3 yet to repair it (i got it with the BD readed messed) and it's a pain

hmmm

Running backups from the dvd may not be the right direction..

I guess to be run from the HDD thru some software exploit like the one for PSP where they did the downgrader from 2.00 to 1.5. the buffer overflow..

Anyway.. I dont wana brick my ps3 atleast now..

Quote Originally Posted by NDT View Post
    hacked2123 you cannot obtain good results cause of these two things:

1) The original game disc that you use to boot is a blu ray and you CANNOT swap it with a dvd burnt cause of the fact that the way to read a BD is different from the one used to read a DVD, so the PS3 try to continue reading in the BD mode when you swap it. This mean you have to use a burnt BD to make a good try
    Did you even READ what PDX clearly stated in the NFO file? You can use standard DVDs, as there are currently no media checks implemented. So you are completely wrong by telling someone otherwise... PDX = GOD!

MadeMan, NDT was referring specifically to a swapping scenario.

Should the system be reading a BD, the blue-violet laser will be active. This laser will not be able to read a swapped in DVD-R.

Likely, and this is an assumption, the Paradox information assumes that the PS3 system initiates reading DVD-R media with the red DVD laser and continues to do so.

I will ask PDX personally and reply back with clarification, however, I'm under the impression that in a swapping scenario you can boot a Blu-Ray original and swap for a DVDR (or compliant media) irrelevant to the active laser status. I do know for certain that the PDX info doesn't assume anything... they have had this done for several months and are simply passing along pieces of the puzzle to generate interest for the time being. The obvious 'solution' will be HDD-related, but until that time this is something to get things going.

Quote Originally Posted by naturesbane View Post
    MadeMan, NDT was referring specifically to a swapping scenario.
    Should the system be reading a BD, the blue-violet laser will be active. This laser will not be able to read a swapped in DVD-R.
    I was exactly referring this The laser used for the 3 media is different. that's why.

the media check issue is useful if u boot directly with a DVD.

I was a king swapper with the first jap PS2 SCPH 10000 i know what i'm saying

No, No, the major problem is:

The PS3 on disk insert most likely detects the disk type, and adjusts the laser accordingly (read the spec). So if you boot with a Blu Ray disk, thats how it stays.

Trouble is, we dont know if it (the drive on its own) will re-do this "detect" upon our swapping in of a CD/DVD. It should Not, however on a file access etc, it may, but, without letting the PS3 itself know.

Thats what we need to count on, that it (The Drive) automatically recalibrates the laser on a new 'read', without refreshing the TOC, or telling the PS3 whats going on.

In all reality, it SHOULD tell the PS3 what it does, and refresh the TOC, but alas, maybe it does not!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    In all reality, it SHOULD tell the PS3 what it does, and refresh the TOC, but alas, maybe it does not!
    I Bet it doesn't refresh the TOC just as PS2 but i'm not sure cause i ddin't tried, that's why i wished him good luck (who knows? maybe PS3 is different from PS2), but as i repeat it's almost impossible. The PS2 swap magic infact needs a different starting media to load different game media (To boot a DVD game you need the swap magic DVD, you can't use the CD one).

The dvdcheck missing issue is a GOOD start point to boot the game from the HD, if an exploit is found then the game should start from the HD too cause PS3 doesn't check the source media.

Who said anything about swap magic? A start is a BR game (say fight night, under 4gb) and it burnt on a DVD-R. There are plenty of hurdles (namely, the laser), but get past that, and who knows. (As long as there arent re-auths ala v7 PS2's!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast