Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

New PS3 SuperSlim Model CECH-4200 / CECH-4205 is Coming Soon

Sponsored Links
    Recently Kotaku (via Sang of [Register or Login to view links]) reported news that a new PS3 SuperSlim Model CECH-4200 alongside it's Asia counterparts CECH-4205B and CECH-4205C are expected to arrive soon.

Below are the details, to quote: "In South Korea, Sony just filed for certification for two new PS3 models: CECH-4205B and CECH-4205C. As tipster Sang points out, these could be slightly modified versions of the "Super Slim PS3s" (model number CECH-4000, image above) with smaller nanometer architecture, less power consumption, and better cooling.

Earlier this month, new PS3 models also surfaced on a webpage for Japan's Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications. That listing was for "CECH-4200". The assumption is that the difference between "CECH-4200" and "CECH-4205" is regional for Japan and South Korea."

New PS3 SuperSlim Model CECH-4200 / CECH-4205 is Coming Soon

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not sure why they bother, but I guess same as PS2 kept getting new models even after PS3 had been out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ya you are right... but still i did not get what make no sense to me .. that in few month is PS4 out so why any one want to pay for that super-slim new model 250 to 299 EURO/DOLLAR.

when you can get way better model PS4 for 100 EURO/DOLLAR more.. and future investing for next 8 to 7 years..

in my opinion just wait of money nothing more ...

A new ps3 model before is ps4 launching wtf

Its to increase profit margins on the vast numbers they will continue to sell, long after ps4 is out.

Look at the PS2, they sold tons of those even after PS3 was out. By getting cheaper models out they can attract more buyers who are looking for a cheaper console. Think about other countries like Brazil where consoles are insanely expensive. This would be there chance to get a PS3.

With original PS3s failing and the PS4 not supporting backwards compatibility, this could be a nice cheap model to pick up down the road if you want to play some PS3 games you missed out on.

my i ask where did you get that information ...? as much i know ps4 does support backwards mean PS3 games..

Sony said that the PS3 is not backwards compatible ages ago, but you will be able to use GaiKai to stream older PS1, PS2 and PS3 directly to your PS4.

The PS4 won't be backwards compatible with PS3 discs, I think there may be streaming over PSN for some PS3 games.

Who gives a crap? Another PS3 with a new plastic case.

I'm going to rush out and buy one - not. Consoles are dead - long live the tablet. Consoles RIP.

It was a great ride, but its over now. See you on the other side!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News