Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

New PS3 Slim 250GB Bundle Includes HDMI Cable and LBP GOTY

Sponsored Links
    A tipster on PlayStationLifeStyle.net (linked above) has shared pictures of a new and yet-unannounced PS3 Slim 250GB bundle which includes an HDMI cable and LittleBigPlanet Game Of The Year 'Greatest Hits' Edition for only $349.99!

Now consumers won't have to fork over more cash for a high-definition cable in order to enjoy 1080p PlayStation 3 games and Blu-ray movies, providing of course that the 6-foot HDMI cable included is long enough to suit your needs.

To quote: "As if the 250GB PS3 SKU wasn't already a great value, being only $50 more than the 120GB SKU and featuring double the HDD capacity. Now, the 250 SKU will be packed with a 6-foot HDMI cable and the Greatest Hits Game of the Year Edition of LittleBigPlanet, which is still one of the most highly-regarded titles of this generation. Here's the kicker: it's still only $349.99!

Don't believe this amazing value? We didn't either, but a PSLS faithful tipster with retail experience sent us the pictures below for confirmation!"

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    About time they start including a hdmi cable, they are dirt cheap if you know where to look.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    maybe its just me, but so what?

HDMI cables are not that much anymore, i can get one for 3 - 10 usd and Littlebigplanet has so many other promos with it, like the DS 3 it's like meh

Banned User
    in my country there made many tests with hdmi cables from 5€ to 70€ and they found no difference in the quality of the streaming sign.

only the name of the company who build up that cable makes it that expensive. i bought 3 10Meter HDMI Cable from Amazon, and 25Meter from Amazon. the 10meter where at the cost of 7€ each one. and the 5meter 3,60€.

i don't have any problems with them. i use them for the connection of my laptop/pc/ps3 to my Beamer

didn't PS3's always come bundled with HDMI cables? the fat ones did at least (in aus, not at the start tho i don't think)

you can get well insulated 6' and 10' HDMI cables at most online markets for -$5.

You can't really say Sony is losing money, they pad costs with stuff that barely costs them anything to manufacture..even the console itself costs like 1.2/8 of of $299 to make. You think it costs more than $5 to manufacture their $44+ Dualshock3 controllers? They are a business just like insurance companies and hospitals. The electronics industry also has foundries in Taiwan cause no labor laws gets enforced their, they can train somebody to work a panel for almost nothing.. don't believe the hype.
    Last edited by xrayglasses; 06-02-2010 at 08:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    didnt PS3's always come bundled with HDMI cables? the fat ones did at least (in aus, not at the start tho i dont think)
    nope, I have a non-slim PS3 and it has no HDMI cable in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    didn't PS3's always come bundled with HDMI cables? the fat ones did at least (in aus, not at the start tho i don't think)
    No, PS3 was never (officially by Sony) bundled with HDMI cable.

Quote Originally Posted by victorinox View Post
    maybe its just me, but so what?

HDMI cables are not that much anymore, i can get one for 3 - 10 usd and Littlebigplanet has so many other promos with it, like the DS 3 it's like meh
    yeah that's the whole point.. which is why Sony should have included them from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by 51N15T3R View Post
    yeah that's the whole point. which is why Sony should have included them from the start.
    The whole pint of NOT including the HDMI cable (or second controller or RGB cable etc.) is indeed that they cost peanuts to manufacture and Sony is making a huge profit on those.

And you need also consider that A) over 3 years ago HDMI cable were not that dirt cheap as now and B) every extra cent of the cost in the massproduction increases the overall production cost and as with every company they§d keep them to minimum

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News