Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

New PS3 Firmware 1.32

Sponsored Links
    Just logged on at around 1:50 A.M. Eastern Time and found out that I had to update. I'm around 50% done with the download, so I'll report back if I notice anything at all that has changed.
    Last edited by coheedcollapse; 12-21-2006 at 02:54 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, so far absolutely nothing apparent. Probably a bunch of bug and security updates just based on the .01 increment.

- No notable changes in downloads
    - No visible changes in options (at least none that I noticed)
    - No notable changes in friend/buddy interaction
    - No notable changes in the browser system.

I don't have an older HDTV to test it on, nor do I know anyone with the problematic TV's, but I doubt they'd fix that problem in such a small update.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the info- will add it to our Site News. Really a shame Sony doesn't keep their own site updated with the latest versions and changelogs... they are still on PSP v3.02

Taken from the Official PS3 Japanese site.

The main function which is renewed with system software version 1.32

* Network performance of system software was strengthened

If you stick to 1.10 you will NOT be able to sign into your PSN account and play online. In order to play games online you need the latest firmware installed on the PS3, but if you don't plan on playing online then you are fine to stick with 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by dougdude View Post
    I should be getting my ps3 in the mail today or tomorrow. First thing I'm doing is going through the Fedora Linux Guide.... thanks to all who have worked on that btw.

Anyway, my questions is this. the guide calls for firmware 1.10. Do you think I would be safe putting the latest firmware on the ps3 and still be able to do the things mentioned in the guide such as image dumps. Or should I stick with firmware 1.10?

So, I guess my question is... What firmwares have people successfully made dumps with?

Thanks,
    Doug

PS - I'm unable to post a new thread... is this normal? I have a new thread I would like to start.

Ya, read the e-mail that comes after your activation. New users can only reply to threads- we don't want them starting their own until they are here awhile. Otherwise we will have 50 same-topic threads going instead of one nice long, detailed post on each topic.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdude View Post
    Anyway, my questions is this. the guide calls for firmware 1.10. Do you think I would be safe putting the latest firmware on the ps3 and still be able to do the things mentioned in the guide such as image dumps. Or should I stick with firmware 1.10?

Also, I still can't start a new thread. Anyone else have this problem?

Doug
    Haven't downloaded firmware 1.32 yet, but you can still do image dumps up to verstion 1.31.

I'm new to this site and if I remember correctly, the rules state that new members don't have the ability to start new threads. When or how your permissions change, I have no clue. Maybe a seasoned member can answer this for both of us.

After downloading this firmware update, there was a patch available for Resistance: Fall of Man. Maybe it was concidence they were both on the same day?

But yes it does appear they are able to update/patch online playable games, there were several balance issues and such with the update. Thumbs up IMHO.

I've updated to 1.32 but I haven't been able to sign in to the PSN network at all. I'm not sure if it's this firmware patch or what. It was was working fine before updating to 1.32.:??
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by Desi; 12-23-2006 at 05:43 PM

untold legends works now too

although the PS Store and logging into the PS Network has been really slow or unusable since GT HD was put up on the store.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News