Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

USA Update on JAP console

Sponsored Links
    Anyone know if its possible to update a japanese console with the american version? I bought my PS3 on Japan last week, and I'm unable to play my PS2 US collection of games

Sad.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    pdj if u live in america i would get rid of the jap ps3 and after the new year everywhere is going to have them usa ps3s here in usa.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    just updated as well too - only thing i've noticed about the system as a whole is that it has NO issues playing the games offline, but whenever i've ever played online, i get soooooo many problems....

for example, NFS:Carbon - canyon race, i led first stage, person i was racing against went 2,XXX-4,XXX feet back behind me.... at first, i thought it was a young kid or first time player playing it after they got it for christmas, then we switched to the 2nd stage (they lead, i follow), and it stuck on the loading screen, even though you could clearly hear the game playing in the background.

i've had plenty of problems signing on to the network, as well as playing R:FOM successfully... my WiFi connection (60GB model) is strong as well, connecting at 65-75% signal strength normally, which is good enough for me to run streaming video on a wireless laptop just a few feet from where the PS3 is connected... any thoughts? any updates going to fix this eventually, since none have thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
    just updated as well too - only thing i've noticed about the system as a whole is that it has NO issues playing the games offline, but whenever i've ever played online, i get soooooo many problems....

for example, NFS:Carbon - canyon race, i led first stage, person i was racing against went 2,XXX-4,XXX feet back behind me.... at first, i thought it was a young kid or first time player playing it after they got it for christmas, then we switched to the 2nd stage (they lead, i follow), and it stuck on the loading screen, even though you could clearly hear the game playing in the background.

i've had plenty of problems signing on to the network, as well as playing R:FOM successfully... my WiFi connection (60GB model) is strong as well, connecting at 65-75% signal strength normally, which is good enough for me to run streaming video on a wireless laptop just a few feet from where the PS3 is connected... any thoughts? any updates going to fix this eventually, since none have thus far?
    Try to improve that network connection. If you have a Linksys router, there are custom firmwares that let you increase the xmit power of the wireless. 65% signal strength is actually not that good. It only takes one or two packet drops here and there to ruin everything.

Another option, of course, is a wired connection if you can manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak47 View Post
    Try to improve that network connection. If you have a Linksys router, there are custom firmwares that let you increase the xmit power of the wireless. 65% signal strength is actually not that good. It only takes one or two packet drops here and there to ruin everything.

Another option, of course, is a wired connection if you can manage it.
    can't wire it in an 8400sq ft house - bought the 60GB almost specifically because of the wireless capability.... i'll heed your recommendation and see what i can do to bring up the signal even though i already have the best Linksys router available at the time (WRT54GX4) AND an access point on the other side of the house near the PS3!

I'm running at around 65% as well but with a D-Link router. No issues so far playing Resistance FOM.

62%

I'm running at 62% also and my router is 25 feet away...
    Fw 1.32

PS3 Square Button

you could try one of those signal repeater things. i heard they work pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News