Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No reason not to at this point unless you really really wanna pirate in the future. I've always been the purchasing type when it comes to my main consoles, so there's really no harm in updating for me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Um. Are you thinking PS3 or PSP? You don't have the ability to run disc images on the PS3 yet and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a way off just due to the fact that we haven't even figured out how to work Blu-Ray completely yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Chances are you're not going to be able to run images for a while, but if you really really feel like it I guess you could stick it out and not update for however long it takes to accomplish.

Also, added info about the patch but totally unconfirmed - a few people are reporting faster browser speeds overall that are especially noticed on you tube and other flash intensive sites.

Again, this is unconfirmed, but a lot of people are saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by alvarado6411 View Post
    I have been playing resistance in 480p because when I use 1080i I get a messed up screen now after the update resistance is playing in 1080i, a warning popped up(for the first time) that says "your output is set to 1080i for the best performance for resistance fall of man your output should be set to 720p" pressed continue and now resistance works fine in 1080i, thank goodness I dont have to keep switching resolution when I want to play resistance from now on.
    if this part is confirmed as part of the update this will be great news. sony really needs to work the kinks out of this resolution business. I don't have an hdtv, so i'm not directly affected yet, but when i got a friends house, i hate having to switch between the resolutions.

Banned User
    hm... im trying to update via wireless connection and i keep getting an error about half way thru... any1 else with this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by alvarado6411 View Post
    I have been playing resistance in 480p because when I use 1080i I get a messed up screen now after the update resistance is playing in 1080i, a warning popped up(for the first time) that says "your output is set to 1080i for the best performance for resistance fall of man your output should be set to 720p" pressed continue and now resistance works fine in 1080i, thank goodness I dont have to keep switching resolution when I want to play resistance from now on.
    I have a 1080i tv and before the update when i have the tv set to 1080i and play Resistance it changes the tv to 480p and it plays fine. It does the same thing after the update.

I checked and the PS3 prioritizes the settings as 480p then 1080i then 720p and finally 1080p. Which I think is kind of weird. Too bad they dont have custom setting lists.

I think a custom settings list is what they need to do to fix the problem that everyone is having.

How far has everyone updated their system?

ok look theres a lot of talk about whats new on the update so i just went on the official sony ps website and got this. i hope this clear up most questions anyone has

The PLAYSTATIONŽ3 system software version 1.11 update includes the following:
    General
    You can now use PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork services.
    You can now use the single tap text entry method on the on-screen keyboard for English and other European languages.
    Settings
    [Audio CD Output Frequency] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
    [Enable ATRAC] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
    [Cross Color Reduction Filter] has been added as a feature under [Display Settings].
    [After 5 Minutes] has been added as an option to [Screensaver] under [Display Settings].
    Video
    You can now select [Full Screen] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.*
    *An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.
    Network
    You can now download and save music and video files on the hard disk under [Internet Browser].
    You can now download the following types of content under [PLAYSTATIONŽStore].
    − PLAYSTATIONŽ3 format software
    − PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork titles*
    * The term "PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork titles" refers to PlayStation format games (PS one) downloaded from PLAYSTATIONŽStore and PSP format games distributed electronically.
    Simplified and traditional Chinese characters can now be displayed under [Internet Browser].
    [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature.
    Friends
    New for 1.11: [Account Management] has been added.
    Other
    The method of calculating hard disk capacity has been changed.
    * Free space on the hard disk is calculated as 1 GB (1024 x 1024 x 1024) = approx. 1,073,740,000 bytes. As a result, the free space value displayed may be less than the value that is mentioned under specifications in the product documentation. You can check hard disk free space under [Settings] > [System Settings] > [System Information].
    Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStationŽ and PlayStationŽ2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.
    New for 1.11: Some PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork features have been revised.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thChamber View Post
    You can now download and save music and video files on the hard disk under [Internet Browser].
    Hey that mean the problem many people had with the Red Kawa File Server needing a flash card to download is fix?! Nice nice nice.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News