Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

New Mortal Kombat PS3 Scans Leaked from EGM Magazine

Sponsored Links
    This weekend ConsolePress.com (linked above) and [Register or Login to view links] have posted up some new scans from the latest Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) Magazine of the upcoming PS3 and XBox 360 Mortal Kombat 2011 title by Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment.

EGM was able to do an extensive interview with the team behind the new title, and according to the developers the game will return to its "2D roots".

The 3D sidestepping has been removed, as the game is once again restricted to a 2D plane of movement. It was also hinted that it will be the fastest game in the series.

In addition, a new Super Meter was added as shown. It can be charged to 3 levels used to either enhance a special move, break a combo or unleash the new devastating attack called "X-Ray Mode".

During this attack, characters engage in a combo that takes around 40% damage (depending on the character) and can also be chained in another combo. During these devastating attacks, the opponent's internal damage is shown with each character has different organ models.

The Tag-Team Fighting Mode is also a new addition as well, and some combos can be chained between two tag characters. The following characters have been confirmed to be playable in the game, with a roster of roughly 26 characters overall planned including DLC characters:

- Johnny Cage
    - Kung Lao
    - Mileena
    - Nightwolf
    - Raiden
    - Reptile
    - Scorpion
    - Sektor
    - Shang Tsung
    - Shao Kahn
    - Sub-Zero
    - Liu Kang

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

mortal_kombat_scan-1.jpg   mortal_kombat_scan-2.jpg   mortal_kombat_scan-3.jpg   mortal_kombat_scan-4.jpg   mortal_kombat_scan-5.jpg   mortal_kombat_scan-6.jpg  

mortal_kombat_scan-7.jpg   mortal_kombat_scan-8.jpg   mortal_kombat_scan-9.jpg   mortal_kombat_scan-10.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this is awesome! mortal kombat has always been my favorite fighting series. i'm glad to hear they took out the 3d side stepping.

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    Back to basics, I'll be keeping a keen eye on this one.

Thumbs Up

This should be a great game hopefully.

If something is written in a major game publication, I don't think that qualifies as "leaked".

The fatal struggle was always to have the most bloody games of the world, and i hope the next remains with the user.. after that, show the 3d effects of combat.

I'm kind of looking forward to this, i've been a huge fan since the first MK, although I didn't like when they changed the game into a 3D side stepping game, so i'm delighted they took it out.

Sadly, ever since the game turned from 2D screen captured fighters into 3D PS2 models, I began to lose interest, and didn't like any of the games from MK4 onwards as much as I had when it was the original screen cap system.

The game has went through so many titles and storylines i'm just wondering what story are they gonna pull outta their ass this time, and the fact Midway isn't working on it makes me less interested, thankfully Ed Boon is still behind it and i'll give the game a shot and a chance, but I really am not expecting much from this.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News