Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

New Final Fantasy XIII Characters Detailed in Jump Magazine

Sponsored Links
    A scan from the latest issue of Jump Magazine reveals some new Final Fantasy XIII character details, and [Register or Login to view links] forum member Rpgmonkey has translated some of the scan, as follows:

Hope Estheim
    - The silver-haired boy
    - Uses a boomerang
    - Hates Snow for getting his mother involved in the battle
    - New Monster, "Cie Corpse (Husk?)"
    - The eventual fate of a l'Cie
    - Vanille's weapon is a fishing rod
    - Lightning's great skill, "Air Blast"
    - A l'Cie becomes a Cie Corpse when there's an unclear objective and they exceed their time limit, or something like that.

Vanille is shown in several of the trailers, but she is still a mystery. Shown in the trailers as a young girl looking a lot like FFX's Rikku, Vanille will use a yo-yo type of weapon.

It's not heavily detailed as to what abilities she'll have or what kind her weapon will use, but she'll be swinging it around during battles.

In a later post he clarifies some of this information:

I don't know if it's exactly a fishing rod or it's just the most accurate description, but apparently she attacks with a needle attached to a wire, so it's at least the easiest thing to describe it with.

I think the concept is that the fal'Cie mark normal humans as l'Cie, and give those people a task. The task given isn't clear and simple to figure out, but the l'Cie have a time limit, so if they just give up they'll eventually become one of the monster things.

Don't really know if you become a monster whether you finish your task or not, but the way they talk about being a l'Cie so negatively, either the objectives given are so hard to understand no one (or almost no one) manages to actually complete them, or you're doomed whether you manage to do it or not.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Iīm tired of this "Cool" looking, models alike teenagers characters of the last Final Fantasy games.

These stupid blonde heroes are disgusting to me. That was the reason I stopped play the Final Faantasy X, X-2 (the worst Final Fantasy ever made) and XII.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's a pretty silly reason to stop playing a series...

You aren't going to expect to see a 60 year old hero in many games, and most of these FF games have 20-30 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by kablooey View Post
    Iīm tired of this "Cool" looking, models alike teenagers characters of the last Final Fantasy games.

These stupid blonde heroes are disgusting to me. That was the reason I stopped play the Final Faantasy X, X-2 (the worst Final Fantasy ever made) and XII.
    so... if the characters were lame looking you would play?

Well I just complained about the characters only, but the story of the last games was almost the same, with slight differences, but always is the same. BORING!

The only thing that changed, not radically, but changed, sometimes for good and sometimes for bad. Somethig I liked very much was the Job System that started in FF V, continued in FF Tactics (The best FF ever) and landed on FF XII.

But yes, I hate the "heroes" of the last FF and I donīt wanna play another again, only if the hero is a 60 years old man (or woman, I donīt care)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News