Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

New 250GB PlayStation 3 System Available November 3, 2009

Sponsored Links
    Sony has announced that a new PS3 Slim will be available on November 3rd. It will have a 250GB hardrive and will cost you $349.99.

To quote Sony's PlayStation 3 Marketing Manager Kim Nguyen:

Since we launched the slimmer, lighter 120GB PS3 system, we've sold one million units worldwide within the first three weeks. We know that all of you are really making use of the PS3's hard drive, as more than 600 million pieces of content have been downloaded from PlayStation Network. But if you are the ultimate digital consumer craving a bigger hard drive, we have the perfect solution for you.

Today, we announced the availability of a new PS3 system with a 250GB hard drive hitting store shelves on November 3. The PS3 250GB system has the same slim look, feel and features as the 120GB system, but with a 250GB built-in hard drive for $349.99. With the new, larger capacity, you'll have even more room to store your favorite games, movies/TV shows, music, photos and PlayStation Network downloads.

New 250GB PlayStation 3 System Available November 3, 2009

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Sony is getting it done.

Sponsored Links
    Wow thats really awesome. I havent heard anything about that until I read this post. I now wish I waited till November before buying my 120GB unit.

Dont you think they should have waited before reducing the prices? They should have just introduced this model before all that happened. I might be wrong though. Looks like Sony is stepping it up.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by knifedog View Post
    Wow thats really awesome. I havent heard anything about that until I read this post. I now wish I waited till November before buying my 120GB unit.

Dont you think they should have waited before reducing the prices? They should have just introduced this model before all that happened. I might be wrong though. Looks like Sony is stepping it up.
    Wait to buy a ps3 just for a larger HD? HDs are pretty cheap and can be used without restrictions on any ps3. Even my first gen 80GB can have a 500GB HD for $100. But I couldnt wait until november to have my ps3, I just love it and use it every day. But yeah sony is stepping up with nice HD space, price and exclusives I guess this is was microsoft was so afraid.

Another one?

I don't like the new ps3 slims at all. The only thing that appeals to me is the larger hard drive but even that I don't really need. My old school 80gig does everything I could want. YDL is taking up 30gig, I have 4 downloaded games, almost 20 disc based, most of which with installed data, countless VMC's and nearly my entire 114 cd collection ripped perfect quality to the HDD and still I have about 18gigs free. All that money for just more memory, albeit a lot more memory just doesn't seem like a good idea. Well, for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by maf91186 View Post
    I don't like the new ps3 slims at all. The only thing that appeals to me is the larger hard drive but even that I don't really need. My old school 80gig does everything I could want. YDL is taking up 30gig, I have 4 downloaded games, almost 20 disc based, most of which with installed data, countless VMC's and nearly my entire 114 cd collection ripped perfect quality to the HDD and still I have about 18gigs free. All that money for just more memory, albeit a lot more memory just doesn't seem like a good idea. Well, for me anyway.
    Well first of I have an old school ps3 too and 80gb with backward compatibility. The slim is nice because its SLIM! and because the old ps3 is heavy as hell. I like the small factor and the ease to move plus the extra space doesnt bother me at all.

On the other hand the extra space is cool because with all the data we keep pushing into our ps3s like installations, downloadable content, and whatnot someday we will need to start erasing stuff. There will be games with 5GB + installations, like resident evil 5 and when that day comes you will be looking at larger HDs.

True....

Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    Well first of I have an old school ps3 too and 80gb with backward compatibility. The slim is nice because its SLIM! and because the old ps3 is heavy as hell. I like the small factor and the ease to move plus the extra space doesnt bother me at all.

On the other hand the extra space is cool because with all the data we keep pushing into our ps3s like installations, downloadable content, and whatnot someday we will need to start erasing stuff. There will be games with 5GB + installations, like resident evil 5 and when that day comes you will be looking at larger HDs.
    I can definitely see that happening down the line as I would not want to have to delete installed data for one game just to install data from another every time I switch games. For now though, what I have is all I need. I'm sure by the time I am out of space the 250gig will be well in my price range.

Big Grin

my mother is gonna give one for my birthday!!

Quote Originally Posted by wagnerdx View Post
    my mother is gonna give one for my birthday!!
    Congrats dude, the playstation 3 is the best piece of equiment Ive got so far in my life, and Im not exagerating. I love my ps3 and be sure to pick up games regularly, its just so fun to play with this machine. As a side note Ive owned the 360 and the Wii and sold both when I got my ps3.

Also the ps3 keeps getting better and better with each update, we get frequent surprises, you will not be disappointed I swear

I don't know was there any point to release new playstations with bigger size of hard drives, personally i could buy a bigger size of hard disk than 120gb and stick it in, oh and also interesting thing, the hard drive what my ps3 has in is - TOSHIBA.

i've noticed the ps3 big one, and slim, by the size they doesnt makes any big difference, only slim is bit thiner and worse desing for me. but the heavy one i heard it has bad vent system, realy loud, and using more power than slim.
    Last edited by 4f1nger; 10-19-2009 at 09:07 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News