Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Naughty Dog Updates Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Twitter Feeds

Sponsored Links
    Today Naughty Dog's Co-President Evan Wells has announced that they will be updating the frequency of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Twitter feeds as a result of too many updates.

To quote: We've seen some concern about the frequency of updates for those choosing to use UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves' [Register or Login to view links] support.

Some reviewers have had early access to the game and selected the option to update their Twitter accounts as they completed each chapter of the game. This has resulted in some Twitter feeds being updated multiple times an hour.

We obviously want to provide the best experience for everybody, so for the time being we've disabled Twitter updates on chapter completions. The option will still exist in the menus when the game ships on 10/13, but if activated, it will do nothing.

Some time after the game has shipped, we'll release a patch to reactivate the feature, but with a limit on the frequency of updates.

We're certainly sorry for any inconvenience, but I guess that's the risk you run when trying to blaze a new trail in the complicated world of Social Media!

And the 140 character version: Heard concerns about Twitter chapter updates for UNCHARTED 2. We've just disabled it but will patch soon to reactivate with frequency limits.

Naughty Dog Updates Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Twitter Feeds

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How does the twitter feed work?

Sponsored Links

...it works like this...

Sponsored Links
    I have been running the multiplayer beta and it has the Twitter options. I turned them all on just to get an idea of how well it worked. The only one my friends (followers) would really be interested in is the option to post a tweet when I start playing Uncharted 2. This way if they are bored at home or out shopping ... they will know when I start playing because they will receive the Twitter update the Uncharted 2 game made to my account. Then they can rush home to jump online and we can blast people together.

Other options are for things like: completing a level, making money, increasing your level in the game, etc. No one really needs to know that stuff so I decided to not tweet my followers to death and only use the one for when I start the game.

Hope this helps in knowing how it works. Simply put, the game posts to your Twitter account for you while you are playing the game, based on the options your want it to post to Twitter.

I still don't see why Naughty Dog don't expand on the Jak & Daxter trilogy and bring it to the PS3.

Granted, Uncharted is a great game, but how could Naughty Dog not think to expand the series. The demand for a PS3 version is high, while they still release yet another PS2 and PSP game.

Naughty Dog did say that according to the popularity of Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier they would consider a PS3 game.
    But how many people still buy PS2 games?

Next Gen gaming is the way to go.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News