Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Namco Bandai Reveals Noby Noby Boy Details, Hits PSN Thursday

Sponsored Links
    Today Keita Takahashi of Namco Bandai Games describes the type of game Noby Noby Boy (releasing on PSN this Thursday, February 19) is. To quote:

Basically players can control and stretch Boy, the main character of the game. As players stretch Boy, the lengths to which he grows are uploaded to a persistent character known as Girl, who grows at the same rate as the combined length of all the players in the world.

Girl starts at Earth and expands around the solar system. When Girl reaches a new milestone in the solar system, new areas are unlocked as playable stages for everyone around the world.

One big question most people have asked is, "Why did you want to make such a game?" Seriously, I don't know. When I figure it out, I'll share it on this blog. In the meantime, please take a moment to watch this video.

Well, that's the best that I can do to explain the game, but I know people will still go, "Hmm..."

How come it's hard to explain, you ask? It's because I wanted to make a game that cannot be expressed by words in the first place. By making an undefined and ambitious game, I want the player's reaction to be something like, "I don't know why, but it's somehow interesting. I can't stop playing." In that way, I would feel I have succeeded at creating what I wanted, that is, creating something that's not easily describable. Anyway, it's been a fun experience working on Noby Noby Boy.

As I mentioned earlier, this game is indescribable, and some people may say, "This isn't a game!" But, what is a game? Should there be a definition for a game? That's the way I feel.
    More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What the heck kind of game is this ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I smell cheap drugs on this one, at least on their end..

hm

I completely agree with you guys, you would have though that a game so basic would at least be high def.

Quote Originally Posted by D3M0N2009 View Post
    What the heck kind of game is this ?
    This has got to be the most random game i have ever seen. What were they smoking when they were coming up with this game? I still dont understand what the hell is going on in that clip, it makes me scared!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    This has got to be the most random game i have ever seen. What were they smoking when they were coming up with this game? I still dont understand what the hell is going on in that clip, it makes me scared!
    Pretty much the only reason why I'm probably getting this game is because I don't understand it. I'm willing to try anything new to gaming and this title has had my interest since it was announced. I need a break every once in awhile from all of the competitive games I play, and since theres not any good RPGs out, I'll give this game a shot as long as the price is right. At least it will give me some mental stress release from all of the intense hours of Street Fighter IV I'll be putting in through out the weeks to come.

Smile

this looks great, i like the independant stuff.. it shows the new age and ideas and freedom the creators and programs have.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News