Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button MotorStorm Does Not Support 1080p

Sponsored Links
    [IMGW]http://media.1up.com/media?id=3161345[/IMGW]Between a speech by Peter Dille, Sony Computer Entertainment America's senior VP of marketing, and a [Register or Login to view links] representative both indicating [Register or Login to view links] would debut in the US at 60 frames per second and supporting 1080p resolutions, the Internet's been ablaze with speculation about the off-road racer. Too bad it's all for nothing, as SCEA told 1UP that MotorStorm is most definitely 30fps and remains at a HD resolution of 720p.

HD is new concept for gaming, so the mistake isn't a surprise but certainly a disappointment to many with high-end televisions. According to Sony, people "accidentally got caught up in the greater context of his [Dille] point which is that we currently do have (and will be creating much more) content that does run at 1080p and 60fps for PS3."

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am not at all disappointed that Motorstorm only uses 720p. It still looks and plays great IMHO. I'm tempted to buy the import, but I can hold out until the US release. I guess the same Hi-Def output can be said about Resistance? It's a 720p max game, but I have not heard people complain about it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    motorstorm does actually look pretty pretty good in 720p.. ran it through hdmi at 1080p on a lcd tv and it seemed pretty solid.. i didn't notice drastic framerate issues, but can definitely tell it wasn't at 60fps.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News