Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

MotorStorm 2 teaser trailer out!

Sponsored Links
    IGN has posted the [Register or Login to view links] for MotorStorm 2 a little early. The [Register or Login to view links], however, is only a CGI target render. The game will feature a four-player split-screen mode, alongside online play for up to 16 players.

To quote: Sony has officially silenced rumor mouths too, revealing that monster trucks are a definite addition to the vehicle roster, offering an excessively muscular new challenge for players looking to crush their way through the field - and over opponents.

Speaking of which, MotorStorm 2 will indeed feature a four-player split-screen mode, alongside online play for up to 16 players.

Press Release

MotorStorm™ returns this autumn on PLAYSTATION¬®3: Prepare for the next instalment of the world's most brutal off-road racing festival

o A brand new location: experience the grandeur, diversity and unpredictability of a remote Pacific island
    o 16 new diverse multi-route tracks hosting MotorStorm's unique mixture of vehicles
    o The aggressive monster truck now joins your garage
    o Split-Screen Multiplayer racing - compete with up to four buddies on the same screen

It's the best selling PLAYSTATION¬®3 (PS3™) title to date and now, it's time to take to the starting grid again as the MotorStorm™ festival heads to the tropics.

The first MotorStorm wowed critics and gamers alike with its heady formula of brutal, unpredictable off-road racing, festival vibes and stunning Monument Valley desert scenery. This new outing takes you to a solitary tropical paradise in the Pacific Ocean, ready for a whole new take on no-holds-barred racing action through thick swamps, dense jungle, towering peaks and steaming volcanoes.

Not just pretty backdrops to the action, these environments take centre stage in challenging players with everything in Mother Nature's arsenal. Thick mud, tangled undergrowth, swift flowing rivers, choking volcanic clouds and searing lava pools all test the drivers to their limits and beyond.

Using the power of PLAYSTATION¨Network, 16 players can race head-to-head online and, for the first time in the series, racers can hit the gas in four-player split-screen mode.

All of the vehicle classes from the first MotorStorm are here again: ATVs, rally cars, buggies, motorbikes, race trucks, mudpluggers and Big Rigs - as well as the newly arrived monster trucks that climb, sprint and roll over any other vehicle in their way.
    Delivered to you on Blu-ray Disc, expect a rich festival of off road racing, along with a host of game modes and rewards. It's brutal, dangerous, relentless, and unpredictable and more than a game - MotorStorm is way of life so stay tuned, the festival is back this autumn and promises to be larger than ever before.

MotorStorm 2 teaser trailer out!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Although it is CG rendered it still looks stunning, and it gives the dev guys something to aimfor and work towards, this being their second generation game on PS3 it is going to be much better than the original, which was ace in its own right. so we just have to wait and see what comes of it in the near future...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nice, the cg is stunning and it has split screen which is great for when the friends come over

You sound suprised, most games nowadays have split screen, its nothing new, although I do admit the original didn't have splitscreen so if you're referring to that, I'll let you have that one, lol.

Lots of games seem to be abandoning the split screen concept in favour of network play. Network play is cool but when you have a mate round, not many folks have 2 consoles to play with and show off your skills while kicking their ass.

With how graphically far the original was, I'm very curious to see how this game actually looks in real-time. Plus I believe there are supposed to be volcanoes, which is quite awesome.

The split screen will be one of the major improvements I'm looking forward to! :-)

in respond to wicked insanity look at burnout paradise that is a car racing game and it never had spiltscreen and i am unable to get online so a racing game with splitscreen i am looking forward to.

@ DARKSECTOR

Well I suppose your trying to say that if Burnout Paradise did have splitscreen then it would have been a better game?? I seriously doubt that, Burnout is a stunning piece of game development and manages to maintain its multiplayer qualities through the online networks, which i feel is more substantial than splitscreen because you can play against so many more people, and they don't impede on your screen making it more difficult to play because you at looking at something half the size. Hmmph

i'll agree with you about how good online may be however there are a few of us who are unable to play online and need to rely on friends coming over and while most games do how a offline play e.g. COD4 non-racing games really need a splitscreen campaign mode as two people shoting each other is not nearly as fun as the campaign or online play so i'm not trying to belittle online play i'm just Celebrating the fact that 'fun' offline multiplayers are not a thing of the past

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News