Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

wow, i feel like getting a job just so i can get this ps3, looks and sounds like its the best thing that has happened to the gaming industry!

i've been saving up for the ps3! yay, cant wait for the release. i need to find a place to preorder it in california :[ havent had luck yet

Quote Originally Posted by mk6 View Post
    i've been saving up for the ps3! yay, cant wait for the release. i need to find a place to preorder it in california :[ havent had luck yet
    I'm already number one in line for a PS3 at my local Gamestop. I called them yesterday and they are telling me that pre-orders won't begin until late September or early October.

Looks like they are playing it safe this time

thanks for the heads up ninja. i talked to the guys at ebgames and they said something similar about the date being late sept, or early oct. how are you number one in line? did you leave your contact info with them? the ebgames near my house wouldnt take my info :[

will be much the same as the EggBox 360 :-)
    Will no doubt have to get one to finish off my gamming 'wall' lol

Bs

the whole article sounds like bs specially considering Oblivion didnt take up an entire 9GB disc.

Quote Originally Posted by mk6 View Post
    thanks for the heads up ninja. i talked to the guys at ebgames and they said something similar about the date being late sept, or early oct. how are you number one in line? did you leave your contact info with them? the ebgames near my house wouldnt take my info :[
    I talk about it here, near the bottom:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/showth...t=15946&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by jmoneypenny View Post
    the whole article sounds like bs specially considering Oblivion didnt take up an entire 9GB disc.
    Oblivion didn't fill the entire DVD9 because compression was used. With the PS3, they could devote more room for textures or even improve load times and draw distance.

Don't get me wrong Oblivion is the best looking console game to date, but the textures seem to be a bit lacking. Obviously, the PS3 will probably get an improved version with extra features and all the downloadable content already included.

We'll see either way. All the information above is speculation at this point.

hummm...don't know...a lot of marketing games goes on out there in the market... about the umds, $15 dollars still expensive, $ony should sell this for max $9.99. this ps3 seems to be TOO MUCH MONEY... not sure how this will go...it is not that people are getting raises and finding better jobs out there all the time...$ony needs to keep in mind that in an economy world evrything balances each one out... not everyone can afford all this money in gaming stuff...

The article screams Fanboy BS. And with the recent news about the PS3 launch it wouldnt supprise me one bit that the entire article is BS. And that oblivion argument is pure rubbish. If they had to lower the textures and compress them as much as he said, and that bethesda didnt want it using such low res textures. They would have probably tried to squeeze in everything they could and use the entire DVD9, not just 4 gigs of it. Heres hoping it maybe true, but i highly doubt it. And the Blueray drive Sony is using is slower than the 360 DVD9 drive. So just imagine those load times if a game has 20 Gigs of content. Ill still be getting a PS3, dont get me wrong. But i cant beleve all this hype, from a non offical source, who states in his opening that he is biased.
    Last edited by Bigperm; 09-08-2006 at 05:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bigperm View Post
    The article screams Fanboy BS. And with the recent news about the PS3 launch it wouldnt supprise me one bit that the entire article is BS. And that oblivion argument is pure rubbish. If they had to lower the textures and compress them as much as he said, and that bethesda didnt want it using such low res textures. They would have probably tried to squeeze in everything they could and use the entire DVD9, not just 4 gigs of it. Heres hoping it maybe true, but i highly doubt it. And the Blueray drive Sony is using is slower than the 360 DVD9 drive. So just imagine those load times if a game has 20 Gigs of content. Ill still be getting a PS3, dont get me wrong. But i cant beleve all this hype, from a non offical source, who states in his opening that he is biased.
    Yes, most of it was wishful thinking, but interesting nonetheless

You are correct about the BluRay drive being slower then DVD; I wonder how that will affect load times. Maybe IGN will do an article on that so we can compare it to the 360.

I'm still in shock about the fact that there will only be 500K PS3s at launch. Japan gets shafted with only 100K and Europe doesnt get anything.

Good luck to everyone (including myself), because we're going to need it
    Last edited by NiNJA; 09-09-2006 at 12:21 AM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast