Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package PS3 DLC Hits PSN Tomorrow

Sponsored Links
    Last week we announced news of the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Expansion for PS3, and today Infinity Ward's Creative Strategist Robert Bowling has confirmed that it will arrive tomorrow on PlayStation Network and shared details, as follows:

Tomorrow, May 4th, will be an onslaught of Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer goodness on the PlayStation Network!

First and foremost, the first downloadable content for [Register or Login to view links] - The Stimulus Package - will hit the PSN Store for $14.99 and bring with it five new maps to the multiplayer of MW2.

Included in those five new maps are two classic Call of Duty 4 maps that we all know and love, and three completely new locations that offer a variety of unique locations for your favorite gametypes. The Stimulus Package includes:

- Bailout - An American apartment complex that is amazing for objective gametypes, especially Capture the Flag, but one of those maps that works well regardless of what type of game you're playing it on. Its long sightlines - like sniping from a blown-out wall of a second-story apartment suite - give it some nice spots for long-range sniping but also has plenty of flanking routes through the bullet-riddled gym, hallways, lobbies, and interconnecting units.

-Salvage - A snowy junkyard covered in debris, crushed cars, and my favorite aspect - no place to hide (well, maybe one, but hiding in the dog house isn't going to win you the game). This aspect of beautiful but simplistic design is what makes Salvage my new favorite map for Hardcore Team Deathmatch; it forces you to rely on your speed, accuracy, and skill. It's all about offensive, sorry campers! This map is about getting in and STAYING in the fight.

-Storm - A rainy warehouse district on the outskirts of a looming thunderstorm with booming lightning and rolling thunder. A massive interconnected warehouse with overhead walkways and plenty of machinery for cover makes this great for big team games. With plenty of surrounding outdoors areas for flanking or cutting through the connected buildings, this is a map that benefits from two teams working together to control their area and lock down domination points. This map has a great atmosphere and always results in some insane HQ games.

-Crash - A war-torn urban environment with a crashed helicopter surrounded by several great vantage points. Whether you're taking pop shots from the three-story building overlooking the map, or covering the center objective point from the second story of the appropriately named "blue room" windows, Crash is the first fan-favorite map to make a return from Call of Duty 4, and is one those multiplayer locations that is perfectly balanced regardless of the gametype you throw on it. Team Deathmatch is king on Crash for me personally and we've maintained every cover, sniper vantage, and perfect 'nade spot you've grown to love, but have also filled the map out with even more detail.

-Overgrown - A massive and open village divided down the center by a dried-up creekbed. Overgrown is a snipers paradise with its high grass, super-long sightlines, and earns its cred as one of our largest multiplayer maps. It's back by popular demand from the community, and was one of my personal favorite maps of all time from [Register or Login to view links]. It's been updated with some new lightning and atmospheric changes, yet maintains its trademark flow and appeal for big team games.

When you jump online to enjoy the new maps, you're also going to be greeted with a few new additions to the playlists structure in multiplayer. You'll notice two new playlists added to the bottom of the list: Stimulus & Stimulus Hardcore. These two playlists will allow you to play your favorite gametypes on ONLY the new maps. That way you get to experience them as much as you like.

-Stimulus - This playlist will include all gametypes for 8-12 players and rotating through ONLY the new Stimulus Maps.

-Stimulus Hardcore - This playlist will include Hardcore Ricochet Team Deathmatch, Hardcore Ricochet HQ Pro, Hardcore Ricochet Search and Destroy for 8-12 players and rotating through ONLY the new Stimulus Maps.

While these two playlists are reserved for those who download The Stimulus Package, the same day we'll also be introducing an all new playlist for ALL Modern Warfare 2 players.

-Team Tactical - 6-8 Players playing small team based games with Team Deathmatch, Domination, Capture the Flag, and Demolition. (First Person viewpoint)

This playlist is being added by HUGE demand from the community on our [Register or Login to view links], Twitter, and other messages you've sent in to us; in addition to another requested change of adding the Ranger maps (Terminal, Skidrow, Highrise, Invasion) to the HC HQ Pro playlist.

When I said onslaught, I MEANT onslaught!

That's not even all. When all these updates hit tomorrow on May 4th, we'll also be flipping the Double XP switch for the first time, ON ALL PLAYLISTS, FOR ALL PLAYERS! So when you jump online you'll be earning twice as many XP for your kills and objectives to help you finish off that Prestige you've been working on or, for all you level 70s, the deciding factor to take the leap into the next Prestige.

Tomorrow is all about adding even more mileage to your Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, giving you all new locations to play, new playlists to play them on, and Double XP to make it all that much sweeter. I look forward to seeing all of you online!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    $15? you kidding me, BOYCOTT!

MAG all the way!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    most of the guys at IW is quitting to move to their new company Respawn, these are scraps of their last few days of work and you're picking up the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck1707 View Post
    $15? you kidding me, BOYCOTT!

MAG all the way!
    haha i haven't played MW2 since i learned that it didnt have dedicated server support that's where my boycott began with that one... In my opinion this is where console gaming has been behind in the industry for a long time (with the exception of a few games, can you say UT3 revolutionary) there are no dedicated servers for online multiplayer games its all done through random hosts or matchmaking systems. if games like MAG or MW2 or BF:BC2 had better online company owned private servers that people could host games securely on it would help eliminate lag and help in the expansion of clan systems and make online gaming a little more competitive.

but back on topic cool little bit of dlc for mw2 but i won't be supporting a failing video game company that ruined a chance to make a very great video-game...

how much are they in the uk? when are they released?

Unhappy

Allegedly released today... BUT STILL NO MAPS TO DOWNLOAD!!!

Does this mean we in the UK have to wait until someone is the USA remembers to waken up and switch on their servers and update the PSN? grrrrrrrrr

And to rub salt in the wounds, there is an update to MW2 which says that the maps can be downloaded (which they can't at the moment) and the game selection has the stimulus maps to select (which I cant)!!
    Last edited by gb14929; 05-04-2010 at 07:33 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

according to psn uk the map pack won't be available untill thursday afternoon when psn europe update its server, usa get it this afternoon, we in the uk have to wait untill thursday i'm afraid.

I'd also like to know a price point on this because I think 15 is a lot for a map expansion, especially when 2 of the maps are from a previous title!

It would work out at 3 per map... but with 2maps only needing slight detail enhancements they shouldnt be included in the price, so that would make each NEW map 5 each!

I find this highly unjustifiable. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to make quality maps, but i seriously can't understand where that price comes from!

when it gets to finland?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    I'd also like to know a price point on this because I think 15 is a lot for a map expansion, especially when 2 of the maps are from a previous title!

It would work out at 3 per map... but with 2maps only needing slight detail enhancements they shouldnt be included in the price, so that would make each NEW map 5 each!

I find this highly unjustifiable. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to make quality maps, but i seriously can't understand where that price comes from!
    ummm how much do you know about creating videogames... ok this is how it goes developers spend years creating a game (in this case a sequel) game companys take out millions of dollars in loans (companys sometimes have the proper financial backing so that the company loans the money to itself and gets paid back when the game ships to pay their programmers for the 3-4 years of coding that they are doing (programmers need to eat too they can't go on for 4 years coding a game running off water and rommen noodles, even though its amazing how many programmers can survive that way for a long time).

once the game is released then either the corporation that backed the game or the bank gets paid back with the money generated by the game being sold... if a company can not break even usually it is cannibalized and the programmers/developers are moved around to different studios within the bigger corporation, or sold to the highest bidder.

now to get to why the expansion cost so much and is not free (like the "MAG DLC" they are not really expansion packs just little addons, ie. clothing, flash-bangs) it takes time for them to rebuild the two old maps from scratch so that they will run properly in the new game its not as easy as just throwing a file from the old game to the new and updating a few textures its completely rebuilding it... your still probably asking yourself though why does it cost so much?

well that's an easy one to answer Infinity Ward is a failing company and they need some way to cover the rest of there operating costs before they go out of buissness and thus the $15 pricetag...

i hope that made sense.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News