Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ps3 pack to arrive later then that proves that microsoft is a successful competitor against sony..

Sponsored Links

MW 2 Stimulus Package out now

Sponsored Links
    Didnt see this on the add on section or anything but if you do a search for modern warfare 2 the stimulus packages comes up for d/l. like 318 megs i think.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    ummm how much do you know about creating videogames...
    I've got a Computer Games Technology and Programming degree. I work for a Software Company because I had to work there for my placement year, and they thought I was that good at programming that they would keep me.

I ALSO have made my own indie games for Xbox360 for the creators club. I don't need to justify anything to you, but just thought you would like to know abit more about me before posting that question again.
    now to get to why the expansion cost so much and is not free (like the "MAG DLC" they are not really expansion packs just little addons, ie. clothing, flash-bangs) it takes time for them to rebuild the two old maps from scratch so that they will run properly in the new game its not as easy as just throwing a file from the old game to the new and updating a few textures its completely rebuilding it... your still probably asking yourself though why does it cost so much?
    I don't think you could be anymore patronising if you tried.
    I *do* understand why DLC costs money.
    I *do* understand that it is about recouperating money plus profit of the additional digital content that is created.
    BUT I also know that in a dev team, creating 3 NEW maps from scratch can take as little as a week and as long as a month.
    The testing of the maps will take about the same time as creating them.

The 2 original maps DONT have to be created from scratch, its called "code reuse" and dev's do it alot, especially when all the models have been made (its literally a case of "whats the point in doing something again which has already been done"), so the originals will have been upscaled in terms of textures *maybe* a couple of models tweaked, and some testing to make sure there ok on the MW2 servers.

SO again, NO i don't think it is justifiable to ask for 5 per map (because 2 of the new maps have needed little work it is hard to include them in the price point).
    i hope that made sense.
    I'm actually offended by the patronising tone of your post. STFU.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For those interested the web link has been submitted to at http://ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=psn. The link may need to be approved before it gets approved.

Quote Originally Posted by gb14929 View Post
    The link may need to be approved before it gets approved.
    Yep, I just approved it so rock on guys!

For those interested the web link has been submitted to at http://ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=psn. The link may need to be approved before it gets approved.
    Just for your information, there appears to be about 6 different versions of the the maps. You need to ensure you download the correct version that corresponds to the disk version you have. Look at the disk face and you will see a BLES-xxxxx (xxxxx = the version number you have)

The psn link I added is for version BLES-000683.

Boss, Can you update the psn link to reflect the version number ?

Thanks in advance.

gb14929

Arrow

The psn link I added is for version BLES-000683.

Boss, Can you update the psn link to reflect the version number ?
    Done, I edited it to now read as: "Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package PS3 DLC (BLES-000683)"

Question

can i install this .pkg on my test unit?

can i install it on my retail? lol sorry

Lightbulb

its not as easy as just throwing a file from the old game to the new and updating a few textures its completely rebuilding it...
    Well not really, Modern Warfare 2 runs on the highly modified Quake 3 engine just like Modern Warfare 1! So yes! it is as easy as dropping the file in the new engine and updating the textures as the new engine is the old engine! Why do you think its so damn easy for hackers to rip the game open? because its a 10 year old game engine! But shush! Don't tell everyone

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News