Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Patch 1.09 Live, Care Package Glitch Fixed

Sponsored Links
    Today Modern Warfare 2 becomes playable once more, as the care package glitch has been fixed in PS3 Patch version 1.09.

To quote from FourZeroTwo (AKA Robert Bowling):

"Another day, another update. Sony is pushing out the rest of the Care Package fix to #MW2 PS3 players today. Hooray! EU first / NA later."

Those who start Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will find themselves needing to download patch 1.09.

The patch weighs in similar to the previous Modern Warfare 2 patches at approximately 15MB in size.

See you online!

Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Patch 1.09 Live, Care Package Glitch Fixed

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    i updated yesterday 16.02.2010 @ 6pm.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mckarlsson View Post
    i updated yesterday 16.02.2010 @ 6pm.
    Yep, the news is actually delayed a few hours tonight... but at least it's out now!

Does this patch fix the PS3 hardware crash? Coz when i was working in a game store, the amount of 80gb ps3 back with YROD with this game stuck in the console was rediculas!

I havnt bought the game for that reason! I dont fancy paying for a 160 euro replacment for a system i already have!

Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Studs View Post
    Does this patch fix the PS3 hardware crash? Coz when i was working in a game store, the amount of 80gb ps3 back with YROD with this game stuck in the console was rediculas!

I havnt bought the game for that reason! I dont fancy paying for a 160 euro replacment for a system i already have!

Just wondering
    I'm not sure that it was specifically because of MW2 that the systems were crashing. i think it was more to do with the PS3's firmware at the time and because it was around november/christmas when the FW came out a lot of people would have MW2 in their console.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    I'm not sure that it was specifically because of MW2 that the systems were crashing. i think it was more to do with the PS3's firmware at the time and because it was around november/christmas when the FW came out alot of people would have MW2 in their console
    It def. is this game because my 60 gig release got ylod form playing this game and I had stuck my ps3 in a closet 3 days after the ps3 was released until mw2 was released and it was the 2nd game it had even been in the ps3... and it died within 2 months.

For those interested I have added the URL link in the PSN Retail link section. These link allow you to download the file to your PC then intstall them via a proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by evilsperm View Post
    It def. is this game because my 60 gig release got ylod form playing this game and I had stuck my ps3 in a closet 3 days after the ps3 was released until mw2 was released and it was the 2nd game it had even been in the ps3... and it died within 2 months.
    I've got a launch 60gb jap ps3 aswell, but i don't update the FW right away and didnt get MW2 until christmas, so i skipped from 2.7 to 3.15 before playing it and haven't had any issues at all. I heard people had been having issues with FW 3.0, and sony released FW 3.01 two weeks later...

[Register or Login to view links]
    Shortly after its release, a very small number of users complained that the system update caused their systems' blu-ray drive to malfunction.

"SCEA is aware of reports that PS3 owners are experiencing isolated issues with their PS3 system since installing the most recent system software update (v3.00),"
    MW2 was released Nov 10th and sony released FW 3.10 nine days later, so what I'm suggesting is that it probably wasn't MW2 itself but the FW update users would have had to install to go online to play MW2.

Unless someone wasn't bothered about playing MW2 online and their PS3 wasn't connected to the interenet so they didnt need to update and they still got the YLOD then it would be fair to suggest it was the game itself.

So Sony fixed the problem with FW 3.01 and above?

Quote Originally Posted by Studs View Post
    So Sony fixed the problem with FW 3.01 and above?
    i know some people that had issues with FW 3.10, but since i've never had it and made a big jump from 2.7 to 3.15 i couldnt say for certain that it has been completely fixed.

I havent heard of anyone having problems since 3.15 though, especially not on the same scale as 3.0, 3.01, or 3.10!

All i can say is that in my experience i have found 3.15 to be safe and i've got one of the first ps3's to come out.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News