Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button MGS4 Trailer @ TGS Confirmed Real-Time

Sponsored Links
    Metal Gear Solid 4 Real Time at TGS
    Konami builds up the hype for upcoming trailer.
    by Anoop Gantayat

September 8, 2005 - Kojima Productions, the Konami subsidiary headed up by Metal Gear Solid producer Hideo Kojima, has announced that its Tokyo Game Show showing for Metal Gear Solid 4 will consist of a trailer running on actual PS3 hardware. The site makes it clear that we won't be getting target rendered footage, but actual PS3-generated footage.

The MGS4 showing will be part of a special stage event at the Konami Booth. Titled "Metal Gear Saga ~ Metal Gear Show in TGS 2005" and set to run throughout multiple times on each day of TGS, the event will also consist of looks at Metal Gear AC!D 2 for PSP and Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence for PS2.

For Acid 2, Konami states that the keyword for the showing is "Solid Eye." Although the updated gameplay systems and graphics system were unveiled at E3, the company plans on unveiling some new, top-secret info on the game at TGS. Whatever this turns out to be, it's so huge that KOnami is promising that we will be surprised.

Subsistence doesn't seem like it will have as many surprises, as Konami states that it will focus on the game's Online mode. Attendees will be able to take part in a battle tournament on stage. Ahuge group of stage guests is also scheduled to appear.

MGS4 should be the main event, though. The latest issue of Famitsu is promising a huge update on the game in its next issue, so we expect the game's TGS showing to be pretty big.

[Register or Login to view links] Cool news, can't wait to see the true power of the PS3

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As the biggest MGS fan on these forums, I only have one thing to say: a resounding "YESSSSS!"

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice, cant wait to check out this trailer. Huge fan of the series as well!

I love the MGS series, but IMO there was only one worth owning, and another only worth just playing. The original MGS for the PS1 is the only MGS to date worth owning, and Snake Eater was playable but not good enough to own or even rent more then once. 2 was an utter peice of garbage and the time I spent playin it was just about the "most" wasted time Ive ever wasted.

Thumbs Up

Yes that sounds awesome...HitCon...as that has been a good series the MGS games!

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp
    I love the MGS series, but IMO there was only one worth owning, and another only worth just playing. The original MGS for the PS1 is the only MGS to date worth owning, and Snake Eater was playable but not good enough to own or even rent more then once. 2 was an utter peice of garbage and the time I spent playin it was just about the "most" wasted time Ive ever wasted.
    Interesting take, but I don't think downing games because you can't understand their complex logic is fair

All joking aside, how the hell was MGS3 barely "playable"? That game was rated one of the year's best by many a mag and site. Same thing with MGS2 (even though everyone hated Raiden). Don't know how you could love the MGS series but not those two games...

MGS3 is one of my favorite movies. lol

I guess I love Metal Gear Solid because it's a cinematic experience. It was worth getting Twin Snakes just for the new cinematics. I just remember I had to go pee right after the office ninja fight, and had to wait through 17 minutes of cinematics doing the pee-pee dancec.

I am buying PS3, if just for MGS4. While it would be nice to have other games on the system *duh, I would still buy PS3 if Metal Gear was it's only game.

MG AC!D is probably the only series of MGS that I don't care for. Maybe because of its non-canocal story and maybe because card-battles belong in children's anime. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett
    Interesting take, but I don't think downing games because you can't understand their complex logic is fair

All joking aside, how the hell was MGS3 barely "playable"? That game was rated one of the year's best by many a mag and site. Same thing with MGS2 (even though everyone hated Raiden). Don't know how you could love the MGS series but not those two games...
    Its not that I dont understand their logic, MGS2 had alot of things I didnt like. MGS3 was wasnt what I expected, a masterpeice like 1 would be hard to replicate without fully copying the entire game. I couldnt even finish 3, I lost interest before even getting halfway through the game. This is one of the very few games I've ever failed to finish because of extreme lack of interest in the game. The one boss where your fighting in the feild of flowers is just... ugh no words for it. I just couldnt play MGS3, this comming from the person who completed MGS twice in one day for the original PS1.

The field of flowers fight (no spoilers here...) was one of the coolest fights EVER in MGS history (you said you lost interest halfway through the game but that part was pretty much at the end). I just can't fathom why ANYONE wouldn't like MGS3 if they liked MGS1 or 2. MGS3 fills in so many story gaps... plus it looks and plays damn beutiful. Oh well, to each his own...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News