Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders HD Collections Hitting PS3

Sponsored Links
    Today Kotaku (linked above) and [Register or Login to view links] report that both Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders HD Collections are now slated to hit Sony's PS3 entertainment system.

To quote: Metal Gear, Zone of the Enders Return With HD Collections Konami announced today that two of its most popular franchises, Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders, will be getting HD compilation re-releases on the PlayStation 3 and, for the first time, will also see action on the Xbox 360.

The Metal Gear pack, due in November, will include Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. These games will now feature HD graphics, new art, remastered audio and achievements.

The Zone of the Enders collection, meanwhile, includes Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders 2 (and will boast the same improved/added features as the MGS pack). It'll be out in 2012.

Both packs will also boast a similar feature to the recently-unveiled PSP Remaster series, which Konami is calling "Transfarring". This will allow users to, when playing a game like Peace Walker that will be available on both handheld and console, transfer their saves between the two.

The company also unveiled plans for a Silent Hill HD collection.

Kojima noted that the two collections do not run under emulation. The games are optimized and rebuilt specifically for the PS3 and 360 and feature new interfaces specifically for HD resolutions, redrawn high res 2D art, effects and fonts, improved audio quality, right analogue stick and force feedback, and trophies and achievements. And, of course, on the PS3, Transfarring.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Promoted to the main page now, and +Rep weii for the news!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Pretty cool, though i've played Metal Gear 2 and 3 enough and not sure i can handle them anymore, i never got to play Peace Walker.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can see xbox fanboys trollling about MGS4 port after this..

Glad to see a collection like this, I've never played Peace Walker and really don't want to buy a PSP just for it. It's a shame they didn't put the extra effort in and port MGS1 as well.

Zone of the Enders..
    Love <3

So does this mean there MIGHT be chance for a Final Fantasy X remake? I think RPG games have a lot to offer when it comes to earning trophies and possibly adding new content. On topic though, I'll definitely be getting the MTGS collection.

It's one of my favorite series. I've played Zone of the Enders once back when it first came out and love it so I think I'l' end up with that collection as well.
    Last edited by Thuggins2086; 06-06-2011 at 12:35 PM

I have yet to play Snake Eater with the "on the floor" camera. It would be nice too if the MGS2 version comes out with these new camera options besides the top one.

i asked about this a few weeks ago. i'm so happy

barrybarryk defo about the MGS remake

- the PS Classic one looks abit shit now but is still an amazing game

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News