Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is Getting a Brand New Engine

Sponsored Links
    Those thinking that Metal Gear Solid: Rising use the Metal Gear Solid 4 engine will be declared wrong.

According to the latest Kojima Productions [Register or Login to view links], Konami is developing a brand new game engine for Metal Gear Solid: Rising.

Kojima Productions podcast host Sean Eyestone says that this is to "realize this multi-platform goal".

To quote: "We're redoing the engine from scratch, and it's going to look amazing," says Eyestone.

"It's going to be a big project like Metal Gear Solid 4. The entire team is serious about making it look as good as possible on every platform."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Obvious move since raiden uses a sword and ninja moves, I really believe for starters the movements will be greatly different from snake's movement.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, coming from Kojima... I don't expect anything less than perfection.

It aint coming from kojima. The "younger" guys in the group are doing the game and he just chimes in at some points.

From my understanding Hideo Kojima is working on peace walker, and someone else is directing most of this one. I was going to buy Peace walker over this anyway because of 2 words "Big Boss". He has to me my favorite character in the entire series.

Quote Originally Posted by CyanCaze View Post
    From my understanding Hideo Kojima is working on peace walker, and someone else is directing most of this one. I was going to buy Peace walker over this anyway because of 2 words "Big Boss". He has to me my favorite character in the entire series.
    Yep, MGS is Snake(s), everyone else is just s small part in the big picture. All us MGS fans will buy this game, yet I see it not doing well due to the main player's not in it. Thus I hope it does force Kojima to pull his head out and bring back Snake(s) in any form or any throw back years stories. This seems like such a spin off now that it shouldn't even be called MGS anything.

Wonder how many disc's the Xbox game will be, lol.

Kind of sad to see a MGS game even being made without a snake going into the collection..... ( I have two MGS4's to play head to head in house online with friends ). The MGS1 I have is from 1998. The rest as follows in their release. Game means a great deal to me. I never even opened the LE MGS3 Subsistence disc's.

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

SANY0465.jpg  
    Last edited by ZBlacktt; 06-14-2009 at 09:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think they need a new engine to make it playable on xbox360

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News