Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Metal Gear Solid Launches on PlayStation Network Today

Sponsored Links
    Konami has made their Thursday announcement in this week of celebration. The original Metal Gear Solid has arrived on the PlayStation Network for $9.99.

This will give gamers who never had the opportunity to play it originally the chance to be Solid Snake in his first adventure from the original Sony PlayStation console.

To quote: Classic PSOne title Metal Gear Solid will be available on the PlayStation for purchase. Compatible with the PSP and PS3, this will give gamers a chance to see where the legacy of Solid snake began on the PlayStation. MGS will sell for $9.99.

Aside from Metal Gear Solid, Konami has also opened the Rookie Campaign in MGO. During the campaign, players who register a new account (Status determined based on PS3 hardware ID) will be rewarded 5,000 reward points which you can use to purchase in-game gear.

In addition, Rookies will also get a free copy of Codec Pack 1, which adds various in-game communication features to coordinate with other players.

Tomorrow will be the last day of announcement and many are hoping it'll be a trophy patch.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Good to see. You know, I started playing this particular game on the 26th of Dec 1998. I got it for Christmas and I was in the Marines Corps at the time. So my wife though I would enjoy it. I became so hooked on it for some strange reason. I played it over and over.

I never in a millions years though it would evolve into the legendary game series that it has come over the last decade and I've been a gamer long before this game came along. I remember the very week the VR missions came out. I thought it was the next game in the series.

But soon found out it was just tactical training and was so bummed, lol. It's great to see the saga still going after all this time. I only wish Kojima would bring back some Big Boss from the old days. For MGS3 is by far my favorite game of the bunch.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's great that they release this classic game on PSN, BUT how are they gonna solve the problem that you need a specific codec frequency to progress through the game? Because this frequency was on the back of the case of the game. And only there.

Do any ps1 games actually have trophy support? I didn't know ps1 games could get patched, but then again I never tried running any on my ps3

Quote Originally Posted by GZA1984 View Post
    It's great that they release this classic game on PSN, BUT how are they gonna solve the problem that you need a specific codec frequency to progress through the game? Because this frequency was on the back of the case of the game. And only there.
    all codec freq's u need are all presented to you in a the game. and saved in your codec. no need to worry.

ive already been playing this on my psp for ages with a home made version and like i said all freq's u need are given to you in game. i never had an issue beating it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    all codec freq's u need are all presented to you in a the game. and saved in your codec. no need to worry.

ive already been playing this on my psp for ages with a home made version and like i said all freq's u need are given to you in game. i never had an issue beating it.
    hmm that's weird because I remember that you had to contact meryl after the ocelot battle or something and it wasn't given away in the game, you either had to find out yourself te hard way by checking every freq. or look at the back of the game case.

hmm that's weird because I remember that you had to contact meryl after the ocelot battle or something and it wasn't given away in the game, you either had to find out yourself te hard way by checking every freq. or look at the back of the game case.
    I think they'll probably put it in the manual from when you press the PS button.

nope
    after the battle her freq should be saved in your codec. it was for me

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    nope
    after the battle her freq should be saved in your codec. it was for me
    Well, that's just cheap, lol. Back in the day. This was a super cool special affect if you can picture that.

just took

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

SANY0553.jpg  

well in case we need it lol thanks for the picture.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News