Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mass Effect 3 Available for PSN Pre-Order Now, Exclusive Bonuses

BioWare Community & Social Media Manager Jessica Merizan has announced today that Mass Effect 3 is available for PSN pre-order now, and has outlined the exclusive bonuses below as follows:

It's been one week since our Mass Effect 3 demo became available and everyone at BioWare is incredibly pleased with the response.

If you haven't already checked out our single-player and multiplayer demos (the latter is completely spoiler free and a bit addicting!), I suggest you try them to see what all the fuss is about.

Our development team worked hard to ensure that Mass Effect 3 is available at the same time for PS3 as it is for other platforms, a development milestone we're happy to celebrate with the PlayStation community!

Today, I want to let you know about an exclusive offer for anyone who pre-orders Mass Effect 3 via the PlayStation Network. When the PlayStation Store updates later this afternoon, you'll be able to pre-order to download a digital copy of the game (available 3/6 in the US) and receive the M55 Argus rifle to complement your in-game experience.

The Argus is a high-powered rifle and an excellent close-range weapon. Its bursts of fire ensure ammunition conservation during lengthy conflicts. Law-enforcement agencies across the Mass Effect galaxy are adopting the Argus as their standard rifle, as much for its intimidation factor as its suppression power.

Along with that in-game bonus weapon, Sony Computer Entertainment America and BioWare would like to offer you a special Mass Effect 3 PS3 theme- only available for digital pre-orders.

Once the game has launched, these offers will no longer be available, so if you haven't done so already, secure your copy of Mass Effect 3 later today when the PlayStation Store updates and prepare for the Reaper invasion!

More PlayStation 3 News...

i've already preordered mine from a store a year ago.. LOL

too bad for me then i guess eh.

Same here, I highly prefer a retail copy vs digital one. The theme will eventually get released. This game is amazing, the demo was incredibly fun especially the multiplayer.

Much prefer digital copies , with me and my two sons having ps3 means we can purchase on store and play on 3 ps3 rather than buy 3 media copies from shop please please please call of duty start doing the same cost me 150 quid when released

Banned User
    Wooooo!!! PSN availability means Duplex will crack it for CFW! Thanks, EA!

Not all psn title have been cracked. Some that require an edat file which is an encrypted data file.

Madmax69, you can only share between 2 consoles and 2 portables. So I'm afraid you or one of your son's console won't be able to play unless you deactivate one system.

Have 4 ps3 registered to my account and dowloaded map packs etc to all in past with no issue and only pay once ??

That sucks because you wrote a legitimate reason why it's better to own a digital copy than a retail one for you, Unfortunately since November '11, They lowered the activation amount from 5 to 2 activations to stop the rampant gamesharing, so anything bought after that month means you only get 2 activations only, it's not 5 anymore. (Anything before that still has the 5 activation limit).

So even though you have 4 PS3's registered to your account anything you buy now will mean that only 2 slots will be available at a given time, anyone else trying to download it will be denied until you de-activate it and free up a slot.

No wonder there is so much piracy

Here's a little comparison between buying the physical copy vs digital one.

Digital benefits:

- 1 purchase allows you to play on 2 consoles
    - No tax (approx. a $9 savings here in Toronto)
    - No need to go out and buy it
    - Lasts the user account's lifetime

Physical benefits:

- Can be resold
    - No need to download and install over 10 gb
    - Can be used as memorabilia
    - No need to wait for psn to have it upped on release day

Those are just some of the key difference that stand out to me. On the one hand, sharing the purchase with someone makes this super awesome game only $30 no tax. As opposed to $60+9 (tax). But on the other hand, it's not resellable if that's something your interested in doing.

Unfortunately, most of the people I know with ps3 aren't interested in the game, so i'd prob get the physical copy for the benefits listed above.
    Last edited by SanctumSlayer; 02-23-2012 at 08:31 AM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast