Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

MAG - Massive Action Game PS3 Beta Starts Today

Sponsored Links
    Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has announced that the MAG - Massive Action Game PS3 Beta officially starts today, although many have commented (below) that they are currently experiencing server issues.

The good news? Sony say it is working hard to fix the issues, to quote from SCEE's Elliott Martin from the European PlayStation blog:

"We have seen a few connection issues today, which the team are working to resolve, so it's possible you may experience some issues connecting to games for the time being."

Welcome back from the holidays, [Register or Login to view links] fans! As we mentioned before we went on break, today is the day that our 100% free and open MAG Beta program kicks off on the PlayStation Network!

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the head start we provided a few weeks back and already downloaded all the files you need so you can just log in and start playing the game immediately.

If you didn't get a chance to grab the goods quite yet, however, or are just now learning about the program for the first time, that's okay too - anyone can grab the MAG Beta and its files at any time between now and the end of the testing phase on January 10 at 11:59pm.

Here's a three-step refresher course on what you'll need to do to get the Beta:

1. Log on to the PlayStation Store, Select "View All By Title -> M Titles -> MAG" and download the MAG Beta file like you would any other freely-available PSN video or demo (298 MB)

2. Launch the MAG Beta program from your XMB to download a special patch that will restart [Register or Login to view links] once the update has been received (another 37 MB)

3. After the reboot, the Beta will reconnect and download the actual game data so that you can play (1.8 GB - 2.3 GB depending on your region)

Remember, the MAG Beta is taking place worldwide - all you need to participate no matter where you live is a PlayStation 3 and an internet connection. Once you've logged on, get ready to enjoy two different game modes: 64-player sabotage and 256-player domination!

We hope you enjoy the Beta up until January 10, and we'll see you again later this week in [Register or Login to view links] for our big MAG Goes Gold Community Event.

MAG - Massive Action Game PS3 Beta Starts Today

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Downloaded it and looked forward to play, but it seems the servers are currently burning up

I chose Raven as my faction because they are actually from my hometown!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very disappionted, gameplay isn't fluid and feels slow. The graphics seem to be 2 years behind current games and what with no single player campign coming on the disk I think the asking price is way too high. I can't see this game having the online following that games such as Call of Duty have.

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    I can't wait to try it out.. It looks awesome.

Banned User
    I played this game late last night, and I must tell you it seemed to look and feel a lot like Counter Strike... The icons (headshot, killed by grenade etc... are looking very similar)...

Nonetheless if this game has half of CS success it's bound to be a Hit! Only if Zipper had half of Activision marketing money!

I have download it yesterday and play it for 2 hours.

For me the gameplay isn't very good. I think like heartagram62 it seems to be slow. It is very difficult to make a real team play too.
    Graphics are poor.

So, i come back on Call of Duty to play online and i will not buy this game.

At least you got to play it cyberbob. I just kept seeing one disconnect after another. But I guess that's to be expected on the first few days...

I was in closed and open betas... even with all the bugs during betas i thoroughly enjoyed this game. Of course its gonna be crappy the first couple of hours of demo. I logged on last night and didn't get disconnected until the end of the my 4th match(which was probably a server reset because my clan and I successfully logged back on minutes later and kept rollin.

You're not gonna get MW2 graphics with this many players in one game. This game is and looks sweet. Playstation has come a long way in online gaming and this game will do Sony justice.

I should get the beta. How long will the beta last ?

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoUsername View Post
    I should get the beta. How long will the beta last ?
    The demo runs til about the 10th or 11th of this month.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News