Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lost Planet 2 for PS3 Requires Mandatory 4.61GB HDD Installation

Sponsored Links
    Today JustPushStart.com (linked above) has confirmed that Lost Planet 2 for PlayStation 3, which arrives next week, requires a mandatory 4.61GB PS3 HDD installation.

Hopefully this means the next installment won't be as sluggish as the PlayStation 3 port of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.

The story takes place back on E.D.N. III 10 years after the events of the first game. The snow has melted to reveal jungles and more tropical areas that have taken the place of more frozen regions.

The game will center on an ongoing civil war to gain T-ENG (Thermal-ENerGy). The player(s) will assume control of several different factions such as Yuri's Snow Pirates, NEVEC (NEo-VEnus Construction) and many other groups battling the Akrid, a race of large insects native to E.D.N. III.

The Akrid have expanded their armies and return much more powerful in Lost Planet 2.

For those curious, Capcom's Lost Planet 2 will arrive on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows in North America and Europe on May 11, 2010 and in Japan on May 20, 2010.

To quote: "Mandatory installation for PS3 games released by Capcom has been a trend lately. We've been forced to do mandatory installations for games such as Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5.

You can now add Lost Planet 2 to this list too. The required space for the installation is 4.61 GB, which is almost as big as a one single-layer DVD. Please allow at least five to ten minutes for the installation to finish."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    But there is no mandatory or any install for this on the 360 plays fine with a 256mb memory card in fact...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The MP demo ran like crap, I hope the final game is a lot better.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Hopefully this means the next installment won't be as sluggish as the PlayStation 3 port of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.
    If it needs a 4.61GB install then it is a sluggish port, Killzone 2 and God Of War 3 are huge and with superior graphics than this game and yet they dont need a HDD install.

curious if this is a way to sneek in un confimed updaes or if this game requires a FW update...

i understand why thay need installs fo some games tho being the blu-ray laser cant read the disc as quickly as other optical media du to the amount of data on the disc how ever like some one said before me 360 dosent require an install so are we getting a gimp free version using the potental hardware of the PS3 rather than getting some crappy cross platform game that is limmited to its weaker competitors hardware?
    Last edited by korn16ftl3; 05-09-2010 at 03:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Question

any one know what FW LP2 requires, or any news if it stealthly updates your FW via the big install?

Exclamation

Why do all these games have these big installs?

4.61 GB? enough already

Dont the game designers even consider the fact that some people did buy a 20gb ps3 (80gb here) just a few games from capcom and ur gonna fill the ps3 up and then what? buy a bigger hard drive. sony need to offer the HDD upgrade to the US owners just like they did in japan (i think they were sending back 250gb drives with a trade in of your old one) if i got that wrong please correct me.

I had a 40gb one and I had to upgrade the hdd to about 200gb.

4.6GB HDD install seems okay to me. I guess the reason why 360 version does not require hdd install is ps3 blu-ray drive reads @ 2x speed which is a lot slower than 360's dvd drive.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News