LittleBigPlanet PS3 - Sack it to Me: The Sackies Edition
SCEA's Marketing Manager Mark Valledor is back with another episode of LittleBigPlanet PS3 - Sack it to Me: The Sackies Edition.
To quote: Welcome to this week's Sack it to Me, featuring tons of new announcements and some goodies from the week that was.
After a full year of user-generated content, we're pleased to announce the first annual http://littlebigplanet.com/en-us/news/article/the_sackies_the_first_annual_sackademy_awards, our version of the Sackademy Awards. :)
The Sackie is the chief award given by the Sackademy of LittleBigPlanet Arts, as decided by a panel of judges from http://www.mediamolecule.com/, Sony Computer Entertainment and you, the community.
Head on over to http://littlebigplanet.com/en-us/ for more details, but over the next few weeks, we'll be awarding several categories, starting with:
"Best Visuals and use of Special Effects in a Level"
The nominees are:
- The Good, the Bad and the Sackboy series by Wexfordian
- The Movies by Teebonesey
- Pixelation 1.0 by JackIsBack999
- Future Warzone II Trailer by Johnee
- Post-Apocalyptic by Anpostteller
- LittleDeadSpace by Darknessbear
- Cause and Effect series by TripleTremelo
- Star Cruiser by CandyK
- The Miracle of Life by Poms
And the Winner is...
- Post-Apocalyptic by Anpostteller!
Sackboy on the Net
http://brianmoreno.com/?p=1558 - shout out to Brian Moreno for his digital homage to one of his favorite songs on the radio. Great stuff, Brian!
New http://www.flickr.com/photos/lillybit21/4144270522/! YUM!
Sackboy in the News
- Congrats to Media Molecule/SCE on winning another http://www.mediamolecule.com/2009/11/30/we-won-a-bafta-at-the-childrens-awards-last-night/!
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP) makes CNN's list of "http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/11/24/holiday.guide.video.games/."
For the Weekend...
- LittleBigLand community http://www.littlebigland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1837
- LBPmedia's http://www.lbpmedia.co.uk/2009/12/lbpmedias-incredibly-festive-advent-calendar/
- Be sure to download your http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-us/news/article/tis_the_season_to_be_jolly before it goes away for the year!
I think it's cool that even though the game is out there for such a long period they still keep interacting with the players and level designers to maintain the comunity, just waiting for some more dlc level wise to enjoy.