LittleBigPlanet GOTY Out Today, Meet the Special Guest Designers

SCEA PR Manager Eric Levine has announced that LittleBigPlanet GOTY (Game Of The Year) Edition arrives today, and has revealed some details of the special guest designers as follows:

For those who haven't jumped on the "Play, Create and Share" bandwagon yet, now is the time as the LittleBigPlanet Game of Year edition Game of Year edition is available NOW!

The new package includes everything from the original as well as seven free downloadable content packs, a PlayStation Network voucher code to download the upcoming ModNation Racers online beta AND 18 never-before-seen levels created by some extremely talented members of the community - all bonus content valued at more than $30!

So, how did these 18 consumers get to be part of a video game? Well, it wasn't random. Our team at Media Molecule handpicked them all after viewing the exceptional levels each fan had previously posted online.

Once identified, we contracted each person, with payment, of course, to create a new level that would be incorporated into the Game of the Year. So, all 18 people are now amateur video game developers for the PlayStation family.

One of these creators, David Dino, a 27 year-old Hospital Safety Coordinator from Azusa, CA, recently spoke with USAToday.com about his role in the game. Check out the http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2009/09/new-version-of-littlebigplanet-leaps-onto-store-shelves/1 as Dino discusses what it feels like to now be an amateur video game developer and an integral part of a major video game franchise.

Lastly, to drum up early excitement for the LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year, the new bonus levels were playable on the show floor at PAX last week. Take a look at some http://www.lbpforum.net/showthread.php?t=3861 and a http://news.littlebigworkshop.com/en-us/post/2009/09/PAX-09!!!---the-recap.aspx of what went down with LittleBigPlanet in Seattle during the show...

LittleBigPlanet GOTY Out Today, Meet the Special Guest Designers

More PlayStation 3 News...

so what exactly is included in the goty editon thats not in the standard, i mean would it be cheaper for me to just buy the extras from the market place then it would be for me to buy goty edition (i have the standard one, hell its what i brought my ps3 for lol)

Smile

I think that GOTY is good... they are giving you a lot of add-ons and worth more than 30$ (free) it would help people that didnt buy any add-on, and i think that MediaMolecule will send the Water Kit to the testers... after the GOTY is released.

well i went into game to see how much it is and they dont have it, not even heard of it same with hmv im guessing its a usa only release and ps3 news forgot to mention that ! bloody sony and thier usa exclusives. yes i know i could import it but then i wouldnt be able to get any future addons for it.