Linux Kboot.conf help

Hi,

I just recently upgraded my ydl installation from 5.0 to 5.0.1 by downloading the latest image, and then running an upgrade from the DVD.

Everything went OK, until the system asked me to reboot. Now, the installation only goes as far as kboot, and complains that the image file is not found (cant remember the exact error message - am at work at the mo - but its the same error message you would get if you mess up the kboot.conf ydl= line)

Prior to this upgrade, I had downloaded the 20070425 kernel and successfully managed to alter kboot.conf to use that (after my second attempt ). I guess the upgrade process did not touch my kboot.conf. Has the kernel name changed on the 5.0.1 iso image? if so, does anyone know what it should be? or should I scrap my install altogther and start again?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Fergy,

See previous threads on this. Sounds like you've made a typo when modifying your kboot.

When you get to the prompt type oldydl and it'll boot up in the old kernel.

Ian

Start several kernels in kboot.conf

Is it possible to start several kernels from kboot.conf? I need to start 2 kernels when booting my ps3. One for edge and one for screen size... default=edge and default=ydl_ntfs_udf

Sirikit,

When you look at the kboot file you will see lots of different boot options. incl Default and OLDYDL.

You can add as many as you like to KBOOT and switch between kernels/configs.

Ian

I know how to switch between 2 kernel config, but I need to run 2 kernel config at the same time under boot. I thought somethimg like "default=config1; config2" ??

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    See previous threads on this. Sounds like you've made a typo when modifying your kboot.

When you get to the prompt type oldydl and it'll boot up in the old kernel.
    Yes, I checked other threads, and no, the problem is not a typo... My installation was working fine. After installing the update my installation failed. I didnt edit the kboot file in between my system working and then upgrading.

I think I will scrap it and install from scratch.

Thanks anyway.

Kayjay, Search is a wonderful thing.

yeah search. Also follow the instructions by letter. And you cannot run 2 kernels at the same type. The only thing u can do is to compile the linux kernel in your needs.