Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lighter PS3 Slim CECH-2100A is Revealed by a Japanese Retailer

Sponsored Links
    After reports of two new PS3 Slim models hitting the FCC a few weeks back, today Andriasang.com (linked above) has uncovered news of yet another, lighter, PlayStation Slim model CECH-2100A on the way courtesy of a [Register or Login to view links].

The slight weight reduction from its current 3.2kg to 3.0kg will be indicated by a change in model number from CECH-2000A to the new CECH-2100A.

To quote: "It's presumable that, aside from just the weight, something else has changed inside the system. Sony often makes minor hardware adjustments, changing the model number in the process.

The retailer expects Sony's PS3 shipments to switch to the new version in March."

Lighter PS3 Slim CECH-2100A is Revealed by a Japanese Retailer

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Been waiting for more info on these new models before I bite the bullet and replace my YLOD'd/repaired 60GB with a slim.

Hopefully any changes to the design will be for the better.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really dont think there is much of a difference between the slim and fat so I would just stick with the fat cause it looks better. They complain about the dust/prints but that means you need to clean up more often.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    normally when 100 different models of the same thing keeps coming out usually means they found a way to make something better... same way with food drink medicine etc. but then again maybe it makes the population feel better

I wouldn't count it on being "better", probably cheaper to produce. 99% of people don't care that it/s 0.2KG lighter. It'll be better when they stop being evil and start putting EE+GS chips into PS3s again. Thanks to their greed (they want to keep selling PS2s) I have to have my PS2 out at all times because my PS3 doesn't have backward compatibility.

That is so good to have a ps3 slim with 3kg weight, because i always have to run through my house with it in my hand...

Quote Originally Posted by mckarlsson View Post
    That is so good to hava a ps3 slim with 3kg weight, because i always have to run through my house with it in my hand...
    lmao that was a good one!

they probably just changed the inner chassis to some thinner metal. I'd love to see a model with double the ram, they could have just added another line when the pricedrop came, with double ram and old price or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    I wouldn't count it on being "better", probably cheaper to produce. 99% of people don't care that it/s 0.2KG lighter. It'll be better when they stop being evil and start putting EE+GS chips into PS3s again. Thanks to their greed (they want to keep selling PS2s) I have to have my PS2 out at all times because my PS3 doesn't have backward compatibility.
    First point would be correct as cheaper ways are always found down the production road.

As for Greed, don't think so. It's more about cost of the product and what people are willing to buy/pay too. The PS2 is a very inexpensive console that gives those middle class and lower class families still something to play, a choice. Not to mention it is very common knowledge that Sony has or was giving away the PS3 for like the first 2 years at a loss per console to consumers.

Some from a business stand point, something has to make up for something else that's taking a hit. It's been a give or take and we, the consumer have been blessed at both ends of the situation. Sony has taken the loss for us that have either console. I for one have never had an issue just flipping the on power switch to either console if I wanted to ever play a game. Not a big deal.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News